DSLibris

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Private|Par, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Private|Par
    OP

Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    Alright, here's the deal. I've been looking for something to read eBooks with, and I decided to use DSLibris. I have had no trouble at all using the Tidy online converter to convert my books from .html to .xhtml, found here.

Until I tried to convert Ulysses, by James Joyce. I know what the problem is: The ebooks I've been converting were about 300 kb. This is 1,624 kb. Obviously the website can't handle it. I've downloaded Tidy, but I have no idea what I'm doing. So basically I'm looking for a step-by-step walkthrough of Tidy. All I need to know is how to convert from .html to .xhtml.

I have searched, and found things like "tidy -asxhtml -o name.xhtml name.html" I have no idea what to do with that. I tried typing it into tidy.exe, substituting the names with the name of my file, but to no avail. All help is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

2. Kano-Okami

Kano-Okami Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    United States
    Florida, USA
    I've had some issues with that at first too, although it's worth the hassle.
    The best guide I found was from Arishon at Moonbooks (which is currently down).
    Through the magic of cached pages, this is what I could salvaged :

Hope that helps, it did wonders for me.

3. Private|Par
    OP

Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    Thank you, Kano. This fixed my problem and helped me immensely. Kudos to you, sir. I hope you didn't just sign up to tell me that, and that you stick around in the GBAtemp community!

4. bumjeans

bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2007
    Great post!

Can anyone suggest a simple TXT to HTML converter? I don't have Word at the moment.

5. Kkolko

Kkolko GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2008
    Belgium
    I don't use it myself, but wouldn't Open Office do the job?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice