Homebrew dsiwarehax - four swords didn't transfer?

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
self explanatory - just got done the system transfer part, when i boot my n2ds the menu is the same as the 3ds i transferred from except that legend of zelda four swords no longer shows up. before anyone asks, yes, it was a legit purchase. any idea why it wouldnt have transferred, or how i can get it to show up?

potentially relevant information - i also did the dsiwarehax on a friend's n2ds the weekend they came out, from the same 3ds i used as the source to do my dsiwarehax today. when i did his, i didn't format/unlink my nnid before transferring, and my nnid ended up on his n2ds. hypothetically speaking, if i format + restore his n2ds so the nnid is no longer linked to it, would i be able to link it to my n2ds, and then access my purchase history on eshop/redownload four swords? thanks~~

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
self explanatory - just got done the system transfer part, when i boot my n2ds the menu is the same as the 3ds i transferred from except that legend of zelda four swords no longer shows up. before anyone asks, yes, it was a legit purchase. any idea why it wouldnt have transferred, or how i can get it to show up?

potentially relevant information - i also did the dsiwarehax on a friend's n2ds the weekend they came out, from the same 3ds i used as the source to do my dsiwarehax today. when i did his, i didn't format/unlink my nnid before transferring, and my nnid ended up on his n2ds. hypothetically speaking, if i format + restore his n2ds so the nnid is no longer linked to it, would i be able to link it to my n2ds, and then access my purchase history on eshop/redownload four swords? thanks~~
No, you would not be able to as the NNID's are stored within Nintys servers. When you would try to redownload the game, you would get a error saying the console the NNID is registered to is incorrect and wont get any further.

Reactions: jaderocc

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need to system transfer your NNID back from your friend's system.

Reactions: jaderocc

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You must have messed up during the transfer. To fix:

1. Restore the NAND backup from before the transfer on the source console (there must have been no system formats in between the backup and the transfer)
  2. Verify that the hacked save works and redo the steps in the guide if it isn't working
  3. Go to System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare
  4. Copy the game to SD card
  5. On the TARGET system, delete the Nintendo 3DS folder (do not skip this step)
  6. On the SOURCE system, copy the Nintendo 3DS folder
  7. On the TARGET system, paste the folder
  8. Insert the TARGET console's SD card back in
  9. Go to System Settings ->Data Management -> DSiWare
  10. Restore the game to system memory
  11. Proceed with the guide as normal

Reactions: GameInCanada
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://piunikaweb.com/2022/01/15/nvidia-shield-tv-plex-and-other-apps-not-working-after-android-...