DsiWare on rxtools(sig patched) weirdness.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, Jun 19, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    OK, I try to launch a game, it crashes. I load up pastacfw(by redoing the mset exploit) and try to launch the game after installing. It works AOK, then I try to install the same game on rx-tools(I am using emunand so I don't see how this can be affecting it at all. But now they _magically_ work.

The ds profile stuff is still rx-tools info though for some reason. no idea why, I used ds profile pastacfw and browser for rx. Anyone able to explain this at all? The whole reason I'm using rx is so that I _don't_ haveto write to nand very much at all.

I don't see howthis could be linked at all but somehow it _has_ to be.

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Think I remember reading, to run dsiware from emunand, you either need to have your nands still linked, or to have the same dsiware installed on sysnand. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    GBA VC may work if sysnand/emunand are still linked. However DSiWare will still fail to boot if a copy of the game is not also installed to sysnand. TWL_FIRM doesn't have it's own emunand patch, thus when it boots up, it expects the game to be on the TWL partition of sysnand. If the game isn't on sysnand (thus you had installed it only to emunand), it will still crash, because it didn't find the game.

GBA VC works with just emunand if emunand is still linked because GBA games run from SD card and linked nands use the same movable.sed seed so the location AGB_FIRM expects the game to be is still valid.

GBA VC can still work if emunand is unlinked. But like with DSiWare this means having to install the game on sysnand as well. (and the game save is also accessed from sysnand just as with DSiWare)

AGB_FIRM loads ticket/encryption seed for the SD content from sysnand instead of emunand. Thus it fails if you didn't have the game installed to sysnand as well as the folder path it was expecting to find the game CXI doesn't exist for the sysnand seed. Like with TWL, AGB_FIRM would need it's own emunand patch before it would load the encryption seed from emunand instead of sysnand.