MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys!

I've been following Plailect's Guide to downgrade stock 3DSs on 11.0 firmware, using a DSIWare (Fieldrunners).
I followed the guide up to Section VI with no problems at all. But when I try to load Fieldrunners app on the target 3DS, the screen remains black forever...

I have a 2DS with Luma3DS sysnand on 11.0 which was the #1 3DS for the guide, and a 3DS stock on 11.0 (target 3DS). Both are EU. The DSIWare is legit, and has been bought on the #1 3DS. The save data is EU as well.
I tried to format the target 3DS (knowing I would loose the Fieldrunners hax), and redownloading the game from the e-Shop, but the game still doesn't launch.

Anyone has an idea of what's happening?

What should I do now? Wait for a week to transfer back, redownload Fieldrunners on the #1 3DS and retry the hack process a week later?

Thanks for your help!

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys!

I've been following Plailect's Guide to downgrade stock 3DSs on 11.0 firmware, using a DSIWare (Fieldrunners).
I followed the guide up to Section VI with no problems at all. But when I try to load Fieldrunners app on the target 3DS, the screen remains black forever...

I have a 2DS with Luma3DS sysnand on 11.0 which was the #1 3DS for the guide, and a 3DS stock on 11.0 (target 3DS). Both are EU. The DSIWare is legit, and has been bought on the #1 3DS. The save data is EU as well.
I tried to format the target 3DS (knowing I would loose the Fieldrunners hax), and redownloading the game from the e-Shop, but the game still doesn't launch.

What should I do now? Wait for a week to transfer back, redownload Fieldrunners on the #1 3DS and retry the hack process a week later?

Thanks for your help!
Did you do it with an E-shop card? Or via credit card?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

Thanks for your help!

I think that's the only solution, wait for a week. And did you try opening the game on the CFW'ed 3DS first hand to confirm it works? What I am doing when I downgrade an 11.0, I make sure the hack is working first by opening FieldRunners on 3DS#1 and clicking score.

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Justinde75 I bought the game with a credit card. Does that matter?

@Akira Unfortunately no, I haven't tried loading the game on the #1 3DS... I guess I'll just do that in a week...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have to wait for two weeks right? One for transferring back in order to redownload and reapply the hax on #1 3DS, then another week for transferring again?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@Akira Unfortunately no, I haven't tried loading the game on the #1 3DS... I guess I'll just do that in a week...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have to wait for two weeks right? One for transferring back in order to redownload and reapply the hax on #1 3DS, then another week for transferring again?
yes, 2 weeks. 1 week for each

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, but maybe you could try another game. If it doesn't work the second try you could try another dsiware game. The supported games are on the guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also you should remember that you can't transfer from a n3ds to an o3ds

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I thought of downloading Legends of Exidia, but I'll wait for a week after the transfer back to see if Fieldrunners loads on the #1 3DS. Any instructions for the transfer back? Is there a risk I loose my A9LHax and Luma3DS on the #1?
If someone has other options, I'll take 'em :D

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
That shit thing is that you format 3DS#2 (target).
Because if it will run on 3DS#1 maybe, then you had to check on 3DS#2 if it has on SD-Card already (via Settings->DsiWare->SD-Card Content) and copy back to
the system itself. If you have a nand-backup on 3DS#1 which ahs the downlaoded game installed you can easilly swap the saves also later ;) (because you have the equal unique id on both 3DS's).
But now..you have to wait only one week, IF you have a backup with the downlaoded game installed on 3DS#1 OR if you buy an other one (maybe via a new NNID).
Everything else - 2 weeks waiting

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I thought of downloading Legends of Exidia, but I'll wait for a week after the transfer back to see if Fieldrunners loads on the #1 3DS. Any instructions for the transfer back? Is there a risk I loose my A9LHax and Luma3DS on the #1?
If someone has other options, I'll take 'em :D
Make a backup of the luma emunand and make a new one. Do you know how to do that?

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess I know, but I always did a backup of the sysNAND for this. I have to do both sys and emu NANDs?
Unfortunately I downloaded the DSI Game after doing the backup... So I don't have the game saved in these files.
Thanks for your help guys! Thinking about buying a new game or not... Talk about an expensive haxx :D

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey!
Well, it still doesn't work... I bought Legends of Exidia, launched it on 3DS #1 successfully, even tried loading the hax with success.
But when I use the System Transfer from #1 to #2, the game is successfully transferred after swapping SD Cards, but it won't launch, whether there is the SD Card in or not. Complete black screen. Complete waste a time...
I made a sysNAND backup of the #1 3DS... I will restore this thing on the original system, but I'm still clueless about what's going wrong, as I am following carefully everything in the tutorial... Help prz :(

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, maybe this could help you guys :
The #2 3DS (target system, the unhacked one) used to be CFWed before, with the CakesFW Plailect's guide. I think I lost everything when I updated the system to 11.0 (lost the .CIA I downloaded, the access to different haxs). I don't know if the ARM9hax has been patched/lost since then, but the system has been formatted quite a few times until now (using the system tool, or by Tinyformat lately).

Also, I used to play with my Acekard 2i on that 3DS before, and I remember I had to install TWL_Firm at some point in order to launch the Acekard 2i.

I remember not installing this TWL_Firm used to lead to a black screen, similar to the one I have now when I try to launch Fieldrunners/Legends of Exidia on this 3DS. Then again, unless the formatting tool from the 3DS or TinyFormat don't touch to ARM9hax or TWL_Firm, what could prevent the 3DS from loading these DSi Games?

I really wish to downgrade my 3DS... I spent a lot of time reading everything related to it, and it seems I am the only one with this issue. I will give all informations I can if someone is willing to help me :D

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey!

Well, guess no one knows what could be going wrong.
I talked to someone on iirc who told me that my "unhacked" 3DS may have its TWL_firm corrupted, since it used to be CFWed.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to restore it back on 11.0-33?
I tried formatting, but it did nothing.

Thanks

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating it through system recovery mode, I know it works when people delete H&S app on accident. Perhaps it will re-install missing/corrupted system titles as well. You probably should have re-installed the regular system title before clearing your *hax* though assuming this is the problem.

MokkEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried this (holding many buttons on boot to load the update app). It said nothing was available for the system.

Sure, this is assuming the problem is with the twl firm. When I try to load my Acekard 2i now with the 3DS, the black screen with the error system appears (just like it did long ago, when the twl firm was unmodified).
Still unclear to me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.