Hacking DSIWare downgrade - DSIWare Doesn't Transfer

Matt598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to perform the DSIWare downgrade on an N3DS running 11.2 however when i get up to the system transfer step the DSIWare title doesn't get transferred and ultimately erased after the transfer was performed. I've tried moving it on to the SD card and the system memory but the system memory copy didn't transfer and the SD card copy couldn't be moved from the SD card to the system memory (I suspect it's still tethered to the source 3DS).

Info:
Source 3DS:
-O3DS, sysnand running FW 9.0.0, emunand running 11.2, using emunand for transfer, HomeMenuHax used to boot RXTools with Pasta
Target 3DS:
-N3DS XL, sysnand running un-modified FW 11.2
Game:
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
-Hacked Save installed
Notes:
-I did a system transfer when i first got the N3DS From the Source 3DS and the DSIWare title transferred successfully.
I didn't have any modifications at that time on either 3DS and both were running the latest firmware (At that time)
-After installing the save on the source 3DS and testing it (It gave a solid White Screen) i tried exiting and homemenuhax crashed (Normal for that 3DS) After booting into emunand the DSIWare was a solid white tile with the usual animation of the sword missing (Picture Attached).
-The source 3DS has been thrown across the room several times while attempting this :hateit: (jk :))
P.S:
-Merry X-Mas!

Attachments

• 3DS Screenshot.JPG
    3DS Screenshot.JPG
    516.2 KB · Views: 210

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something went wrong with your DSi game. I have the same setup and on emunand I can launch the game just fine and it works as it should because the savegame is loaded from unmodified sysnand. so if the game is just blank in emunand then your injection went wrong, I guess.
I injected manually using FBI and public.sav for the game.

Matt598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the Same, i used the guide at https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(save-injection-and-second-3ds) and manually injected public.sav with fbi, however i tried it in emunand and it didn't work so i injected the .sav with fbi in sysnand pasta mode and from there it worked. Only after restarting did the DSIWare break.

Edit:
Will i have to re-install it?

Last edited by Matt598,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1