DSi's Camera app doesn't show on Home menu

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by THEELEMENTKH, Aug 5, 2017.

1. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

THEELEMENTKH A normal user

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    (Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I couldn't find a better section to put this in. If you find a more suitable section for this topic please let me know and I'll ask a mod to change it, thank you)

So... I basically made a .cia of DSi's camera app using NUS and make_cia, it works perfectly but it doesn't show up on the 3DS's Home menu.

I can start it using FBI's title manager, but it's getting pretty annoying really quickly.

I vaguely remember that every .cia file has a "Hidden" value that determines if it shows up on the Home menu or not (e.g.: DS's Download Station or DS's Internet setup), how can I look if my DSi camera .cia has this value to "Hidden" and how can I change it? or how can I make it appear on the 3DS's Home menu?

Thank you for your replies and have a great day/night :)

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Aug 5, 2017
  2. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I tried to make a cia of Pictochat to see if it was also hidden, but it didn't have a ticket on NUS. I will try it later with DSi Sound and test if it shows on 3ds's Home menu.

And now that I think of this, if there's no "Hidden" value or I can't change it, would it be possible to make a custom DSiWare app cia that autoboots hidden DSi titles like DSi camera?

3. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    You need to change the title id to make it a regular app, by default its installed as a system app

4. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    And how can I make that?

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    http://dsibrew.org/wiki/DSi_Cartridge_Header
    0x230 of the nds/srl/app

change the TIDhigh from 00030005 to 00030004 then reconvert to cia
    of course for it to actually run, you must use a CFW with patches that allows unsigned DSiware

6. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Hmmm.... so I basically open the .app file with a hex editor, go to 0x230 and change the TIDhigh to the new value?
    I do have a CFW that patches TWLfirm

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yep, then you convert the .app to .cia again using make_rom or a recent enough makerom, then install the resulting cia (just replacing the .app in twlnand may not work since it would change titleid only in the .app but not the tickets, etc

8. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Hmmmm
    I opened the .app with HxD and went to 230 and I see this
    upload_2017-8-5_16-40-24.png
    How can I see I'm on the right spot and how I know which byte to change and what to put there?

9. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Ok, with a bit of logic I changed the 05 byte for a 04 and now it appears on the Home menu, thank you so much @Ryccardo !!!!

Ryccardo likes this.