DSi Region hack?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DDRPenguin, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

DSi Region hack? by DDRPenguin at 4:45 PM (5,921 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. DDRPenguin
    OP

Member DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    With all the new colors in Japan, surely there must be discussion of this but I can't find a topic like this. (Yes I searched)

I thinking about buying a Red DSi (irrevelant to the question,but I mention it), and I was wondering if there was a way to change its region to US instead of Japanese. Mainly because I want a Red DSi, with english menus at the least.

Is a region change possible, like it is on the Wii?

2. RiderLeangle

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The difference is that the Wii was already hacked before region changing came out. The DSi is still working on being hacked.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Not yet, maybe when it gets hacked and there is homebrew. But that is MAYBE. It may still be impossible. It;s only possible on Wii because of trucha bug, although loading import games works without it, but that'd be no good in your example

4. DDRPenguin
    OP

Antarctica
    Just today I called a Nintendo Representive, and asked him about my DSi being japanese language (I pretended to have a a DSi).

He told me to go to the menu and click the wrench to change the language, and I just stop the conversation after that by saying thank you.

that being said...it may be possible to send a Japanese DSi to Nintendo for a Region change...but maybe I am thinking to hard about this.

5. DDRPenguin
    OP

Antarctica
    -BUMP-

I just wanted to RE-ask this question, if the DSi Region hack is coming out. I have been seeing good titles come out, but I have been waiting on a Region hack. Is there anyway yet? I want to change my JP DSi to be a US one.

6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    no its not even close yet but i think you can get europe/ausstrallian red dsis now I THINK
    so whynot excange it

7. C175R

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    well most of the Japanese console as Ps2 has the option to change the language to English.
    So most likely you can. I'm not sure tho.
    the one in USA has the option to change it to French and Spanish to so I don't see why the one in Japan won't have the option to do it.
    and if it has the option I'm sure there will be English

8. Nugg2396

Member Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    But the Japanese NDSL's language could be changed to English (just wanted to point that out)

9. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland