Not open for further replies.

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ExDee said:
I don't think they can force an update since not everyone has wi-fi.

Yea, its called "Through the Game" patches, kind of like what they did with Brawl and Sonic games. Pretty much, DSi owners can still be screwed over because the future games could have a forced patch, and we wouldn't really know about it.

Anyways, good job Nintendo. Now we can see what the flashcart makers are really made of. I wonder if fixing this issue will also fix Moonshell 2.5 on the SC... But hey, at least we can all try out our card writers now!

Also, the way AK2i updates, it seems to corruptible to the card to be able to work right, but I won't know till I hassle a friend to borrow his to check it out.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Da-Bomb1 said:
jonesman99 said:
i was wondering... in order for them to improve the camera resolution, would they have to release a new version of dsi's or could they do it via a future update?
Geez. No, it's not possible to upgrade the hardware with software, and nor will it ever be.

In some circumstances a software update can improve the hardware's possibilities (ie: SDHC support, unlocking higher CPU frequencies like on Sony's PSP, FPGA reprogramming, etc...). Drivers optimizations, software interpolation of images and so on are examples of software-based improvements of a given device.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lincruste said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
jonesman99 said:
i was wondering... in order for them to improve the camera resolution, would they have to release a new version of dsi's or could they do it via a future update?
Geez. No, it's not possible to upgrade the hardware with software, and nor will it ever be.

In some circumstances a software update can improve the hardware's possibilities (ie: SDHC support, unlocking higher CPU frequencies like on Sony's PSP, FPGA reprogramming, etc...). Drivers optimizations, software interpolation of images and so on are examples of software-based improvements of a given device.
That may very well be so, but it's utterly impossible to increase the pixel count on an image sensor with a software update. Regardless, the former software 'enhancements' aren't actually changing the inherent spec, but just unlocking untapped potential which already existed in the hardware. But this was never intended to be an argument in the first place, so let's leave it at that.
tongue.gif

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't get it why everyone of you is so afraid of "forced updates" with DSi exclusive or enhanced games?! I mean, when you play DSi enhanced games with a flash card it's running in DS mode, so it doesn't even know it's running on a DSi!

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, but when you play DSi enhanced games with a commercial cart, those "forced updates" might be a problem, wouldn't they?

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rofl.gif
Silly Nintendo! The best thing they did was give me the option to download updates for the DSi which I have NEVER done since I got it from day 1
yaynds.gif
I paid good money for my AceKard2i which works wonderfully, and what in God's name were they thinking by adding a feature to use Facebook!? I am proud to say I don't have a Facebook account, and if I did, I doubt I'd be using my DSi to access it
lecture.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i cant believe everyone here is just discussing how there flashcart companies are gonna fix it..just wait and dont get the thread up to 16 pages, i mean if the companies get a fix out then they do, if they dont then well it sucks for all you pirates (hippocrite xD)

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
sphinx.djc said:
rofl.gif
Silly Nintendo! The best thing they did was give me the option to download updates for the DSi which I have NEVER done since I got it from day 1
yaynds.gif
I paid good money for my AceKard2i which works wonderfully, and what in God's name were they thinking by adding a feature to use Facebook!? I am proud to say I don't have a Facebook account, and if I did, I doubt I'd be using my DSi to access it
lecture.gif

So you don't have any real DSi games either.

Why did you get a DSi in the first place?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not really into DSiware (especially since you can't 'move' the points between Wii & DSi shop) & rather play games - so I'll not be going onto the internet any time soon & get 'upgraded'.
But I MAY still need to buy a new card anyway - My main card a DSTTi, which I guess isn't 'upgradable' - the only problem is I don't really LIKE the menu etc of the newer cards (Itouch2 / DSonei /EZFlashVi)

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
@elfsander.

i know you did'nt ask me, but i answaring anyway.

i buyed a dsi because it has lagrer and better screens, it is more powerfull, it has dsi shop, it has two cameras for funnier gaming and my dsl was broke. on the top of that i got it for ca 130 $ wich means around 10$ more than a dsl
smile.gif

t__a__c__o

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elfsander said:
sphinx.djc said:
rofl.gif
yaynds.gif
lecture.gif

So you don't have any real DSi games either.

Why did you get a DSi in the first place?

Finally a sensible response. All these ppl with DSi's and flashcarts so they can play pirated DS/DSlite games with it, all boasting they won't update claiming they don't need or want any DSi functions and/or DSiware anyway...
wtf.gif

Also, in response to a post earlier in this thread about how stores can't sell their stock of DSi flashcarts anymore: they can still be sold, since they'll still work on DS/DSlite.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr said:
I'm not really into DSiware (especially since you can't 'move' the points between Wii & DSi shop) & rather play games - so I'll not be going onto the internet any time soon & get 'upgraded'.
But I MAY still need to buy a new card anyway - My main card a DSTTi, which I guess isn't 'upgradable' - the only problem is I don't really LIKE the menu etc of the newer cards (Itouch2 / DSonei /EZFlashVi)

I agree on that one, the menu's/kernels on the new flashcards all suxs, the get to complicated and user unfriendly.

Why would i choose CycloDS Evo / Edge / DSTT / R4?
- Simple user friendly menu's
- No 6 handlings to enable cheats or igr or other stuff
- No 20 menu options, where 15 are never used

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just out of interest as I didn't update yet.... what is new on the EU DSi ware this week ? As of late its been a pile of poo+. Those "little bit of...." games are an insult to those who buy games.... I can see why they sell them but Sudoku and A little bit of games is all that's been new for the last month at least.. There are lots of new stuff that is available in the US that hasn't even reached the EU yet... why not diversify...so anyway, what did I miss this time round ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro