DSi fell. ._.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by skystealer, Jul 9, 2011.

Jul 9, 2011

DSi fell. ._. by skystealer at 4:33 AM (526 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. skystealer
    OP

Member skystealer Muah~

United States
    My cousin dropped my new DSi that was from repairs... and now the R button is "stuck". Its like. When I press it, it doesn't come back up. I have to lift the button back up myself to get it to work.

I'm not gonna wait another 2 weeks for a new DSi to come, can someone tell me how I can fix this at home?

2. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Well I didnt open a DSi before but I had similar problems on my DS lite before. Now I think that depending on your luck one of this 2 things might have happened. Either the spring or the button was slightly moved from its place thanks to the fall or a piece of the the plastic shell keeping the button or the spring in its place have been broken. Now the only way to find which is causing this problem you will have to open it. If you still got it under warranty & they are willing to fix it or replace for free then I highly suggest that you just do that and wait since if part of the shell got broken the only way to fix it will be to get a new one & you will end up paying for one & ruining your warranty.If you still want to open it then I cant help you much since as I said I never opened a DSi before but you can see this guide on how to open your DSi http://www.xcm.cc/how_to_disassemble_the_ndsi_console.htm or do a quick youtube search if you prefer videos.