DSi, DS Lite, or keep patching up my original?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chrisman01, Mar 9, 2009.

?
  1. DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DS Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keep fixing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chrisman01
    OP

chrisman01 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2008
    United States
    Maine
    My hot rod red DS has been very faithful. I got it the week it first came out. This, of course, means it's had to have a lot of repairs.

Repair #1: Friend broke top LCD. Didn't know about DealExtreme at the time, paid Nintendo $70 to fix it.
    Repair #2: Top screen started displaying funny. Bought and installed a new bus wire from DX for +/- $5.
    Repair #3: Replaced beat up touch screen with replacement from DX for $3.44. (around 4 months ago)
    Current issue: Replacement touch screen died [​IMG] Currently replaced with old, beat up touch screen.

My question is, should I sell my Hot Rod Red DS, back up my games onto my DSTT and sell the games, and get a DS Lite?

Or should I wait a couple of months and get a DSi, which my DSTT won't work with? [​IMG]

OR should I keep pouring money into my beat up hot rod red DS and keep patching it up, even though it's on it's last legs? (I'm expecting the L or R button to go anytime now.) [​IMG]

Thanks, guys! [​IMG]

2. JDMEVOIXMR

JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    Parts are extremely cheap, just keep patching it up, a DS lite is expensive. As long as your Phat works, it shouldn't be a problem, DS lites have hinge problems as well... they arent as sturdy and as durable as Phat's. If you want, you can always get a replacement Phat case for $6 off DX.

If you get a DSi, like you said, your DSTT won't work with it, so your other option is wait until buy a DSi and buy an Acekard2i, or wait till more flash carts come out.

3. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I recommend getting a new case from DealExtreme. I did it too, and my Phat feels like new now! Even the hinges feel like new, whereas before they felt like they could break any time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice