DSi, DS Lite, or keep patching up my original?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chrisman01, Mar 9, 2009.

?

DSi, DS Lite, Keep fixing??

1. DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DS Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keep fixing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chrisman01
    OP

Member chrisman01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My hot rod red DS has been very faithful. I got it the week it first came out. This, of course, means it's had to have a lot of repairs.

Repair #1: Friend broke top LCD. Didn't know about DealExtreme at the time, paid Nintendo $70 to fix it.
    Repair #2: Top screen started displaying funny. Bought and installed a new bus wire from DX for +/- $5.
    Repair #3: Replaced beat up touch screen with replacement from DX for $3.44. (around 4 months ago)
    Current issue: Replacement touch screen died [​IMG] Currently replaced with old, beat up touch screen.

My question is, should I sell my Hot Rod Red DS, back up my games onto my DSTT and sell the games, and get a DS Lite?

Or should I wait a couple of months and get a DSi, which my DSTT won't work with? [​IMG]

OR should I keep pouring money into my beat up hot rod red DS and keep patching it up, even though it's on it's last legs? (I'm expecting the L or R button to go anytime now.) [​IMG]

Thanks, guys! [​IMG]

2. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Parts are extremely cheap, just keep patching it up, a DS lite is expensive. As long as your Phat works, it shouldn't be a problem, DS lites have hinge problems as well... they arent as sturdy and as durable as Phat's. If you want, you can always get a replacement Phat case for $6 off DX.

If you get a DSi, like you said, your DSTT won't work with it, so your other option is wait until buy a DSi and buy an Acekard2i, or wait till more flash carts come out.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I recommend getting a new case from DealExtreme. I did it too, and my Phat feels like new now! Even the hinges feel like new, whereas before they felt like they could break any time.