Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it should be working yeah, provided you entered the correct IP address and port, and that your firewall isn't acting overprotectingly.
I encourage you to read the readme for instructions.

First of all, is there a need for the expansion pack? No, right?

I've always connected through my wifi usb connector just fine with every rom (except homebrews, which I never tried up until now), just clearing that out.

1. opened the server.exe
2. when I clicked "start", the windows xp firewall (the only one I use) prompted me to disable the firewall protection for that file, I agreed.
3. I put the DSHobro.nds on my R4, opened it, and tried inputting the ip address given by my modem (192.168.1.7). Didn't work
4. Tried inputting the ip address given by the USB connector (172.16.0.1). Didn't work

By saying didn't work I mean that I got the following error:
Code:
=== FATAL ERROR ===
* WiFi connection failed.
* Please restart your DS and try again.
=== Please restart your DS ===

The strange is that the error comes way too fast. I mean, instantly after pressing enter in the mini-keyboard. It doesn't seem to be really trying to connect. Or is it really that fast?

1. You need to Google the modified drivers for the Nintendo Wifi USB Adapter.
2. There are modified Buffalo drivers somewhere on google that you can turn your Nintendo USB wifi into a real access point.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

Theres the link...follow the tutorial, and then you can have wifi through it on any game or homebrew, itll be just like an accesspoint.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
you need to configure your WiFi settings in a commercial game (ie. Mario Kart).
The homebrew will use your first WiFi setting slot, so make sure it is properly configured.
Also, the wifi library for DS is known to be unstable. Sometimes I just can't get it to connect, it will only work after the 10th attempt...
But the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector doesn't use the first slot, it uses the exclusive button "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector", which does not fill any of the 3 spaces of connections, and still works with commercial games.

Maybe I need to find a way to put the connection in the first slot to make it work? Maybe by manual setup, however I don't know the SSID from the USB Connector.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ran it fine on both R4 and DS-X following instructions given, little slow on load times for pages, but im sure thats standard.

Edit: I also am using IE7.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woot for bic pen stylus and eerily lit fingers!

edit: tried it. rock on man. so clean and nice.
wub.gif

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just want to say from the video that looks awesome! I'm sure your going to go with first prize with that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)