Dscent

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CalebW, Aug 28, 2012.

Aug 28, 2012

Dscent by CalebW at 8:49 PM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. CalebW
    OP

Member CalebW Fellow Temper

United States
    I'm having trouble finding information on how to put Descent 1 and 2 on the DS. I have the Dscent 4.2a binaries and the Descent games, but what files do I need from the games and where do I put them on the sd card?

2. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I wasn't aware of a Descent version for DS. It might be the PSP that you got there.
    Descent was ported to the Wii also, but not Descent 2.

3. CalebW
    OP

Member CalebW Fellow Temper

United States
    Edit: I got Descent 1 to work.

Yes, Descent was ported to the DS, and I think I've heard that Descent 2 will run also (maybe I'm wrong though...) I just don't know what files I need.

4. Cryoburner

Newcomer Cryoburner Member

United States
    Yep, there's a port of Descent for the DS called DScent. It's been a while since I installed it, but I believe you need the DESCENT.HOG and DESCENT.PIG files from version 1.5 of Descent. One other thing to note is that you may need to turn the music off, or else it tends to freeze with a blank screen when loading levels. It also tends to turn the music back on again when you restart the game.

Descent runs rather well on the DS. The controls can be a bit 'challenging' though, since it uses a fair number of buttons, many of which can be difficult to reach while steering via the touch screen. You'll probably find it beneficial to remap some of them.

1 person likes this.