Hacking DS-X without Micro SD reader?

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Am I wrong or was DS-X announced with a Micro SD card reader? That was ONE of the features which I was looking forward too. Now, after reading the review and surfing DS-X's sites, the unit comes with a usb connector instead? Whats going on? The price is almost double of what other bundles cost now too(at least 60-70% more)... I had decided to buy this unit, but now Im not sure anymore!!
ohmy.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Woah.....errm, do you do research of products you are considering buying at all? DS-X never took removable media, there is 512MB built in space and always has been. Perhaps you're getting it confused with another flashcart.

The price is more because:

- storage space is included
- no need to buy passcard
- it's a slot 1 device which is very new, therefore costs more to manufacture

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you've got it mixed up with the Acekard, which is another new 1slot device that has been announced...but dunno when it will come out though =P

bediii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yea, my bad
wink2.gif
I probably read DS-Link and DS-X reviews right after eachother and got the facts mixed up! I always thought DS-X had removable media... 512 MB is definately enough (maximum rom size for a DS game that I've seen is 512Mbit = 64MB => room for 8+ games), because I wont do anything else than play DS/GBA games with it. That is if the DS game sizes don't increase in size with time. But I still think the price is a bit high compared to buying something like a EZ-Flash IV lite, eventhough DS-X is slot1 only unit and EZ-Flash is not!
unsure.gif

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The largest game I'm aware of is MechAssault DS, which is a 1Gb cart (128MB). I don't think we'll be seeing 2Gb any time soon as the official 1Gb carts have much much slower access times than the 512Mb ones. Until Nintendo irons out that detail, most games will probably remain at 512Mb, let alone progressing further than 1Gb.

strud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, my bad
wink2.gif
I probably read DS-Link and DS-X reviews right after eachother and got the facts mixed up! I always thought DS-X had removable media... 512 MB is definately enough (maximum rom size for a DS game that I've seen is 512Mbit = 64MB => room for 8+ games), because I wont do anything else than play DS/GBA games with it. That is if the DS game sizes don't increase in size with time. But I still think the price is a bit high compared to buying something like a EZ-Flash IV lite, eventhough DS-X is slot1 only unit and EZ-Flash is not!
unsure.gif

ahh...

theres no GBA support..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?