Hacking DS-X or Ninja X9 ??

SlyT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right,

Firstly "Hi All" ! - been lurking a while but wanted some help making my decision on which card to get.

I am considering either the DS-X OR the Ninja X9.

Both me and the wife have DS-Lites, and I am planning on getting a flash card now for me to play backups mainly.

Now Multi-Playing with the wife will be very important, but if this doesnt happen for a couple of weeks, I can live with that.

In the end I want two flash Carts - one for me, one for the wife. Therefore one of them has to be very easy to use. I can either pass on the first to her when I get a better one, or get her a new one, even the same one if needed.

Oh and I live in the UK and am very impatient so want something as soon as possible !!

Im leaning towards DS-X for now, keeping that till something better imerges, then passing that onto the wife for her to use. HOWEVER - these things are like rocking horse crap and I cant find them anywhere
frown.gif
. The alternative is to go for the Ninja, which is cheaper - but my understanding is it cannot play wireless multiplayer as yet - If this is gonna get resolved soon, I could go for that. Especially as winsux will ship to UK and are doing a very good deal.

So Im still undecided really, so if someone can help me sort out my decision, I would be most grateful !

Cheers

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
the ds-x's singlecart multiplay works great. it is probably the absolute easiest thing to use, and would be perfect for a computer illiterate/lazy person, or someone who just doesnt want the added hassle of patching roms and shit.

i would give info about the ninja, but i dont know about it, and there arent any reviews either.

saccorator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the ds-x's singlecart multiplay works great. it is probably the absolute easiest thing to use, and would be perfect for a computer illiterate/lazy person, or someone who just doesnt want the added hassle of patching roms and shit.

i would give info about the ninja, but i dont know about it, and there arent any reviews either.

deathspawn hit it on the head...the DS-X is too easy to use. Not much known about the Ninja yet, so it's hard to compare facts. I had an issue with the build quality of the DS-X, but I got mine from realhotstuff.com and they shipped me a new one that works great. It is ridiculous how easy the DS-X is to use, load roms, etc. Multi-play has worked well, I had an issue with one game, but I didn't troubelshoot it.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO, i would pick the ninjapass x9:

DS-X is $125, only 512MB of memory

Ninjapass x9 bundle from winsunx (which includes the ninjapass, 1GB microsd card, and usb card reader) is only $80, with expandable memory

Both support clean roms

Both serve as passme devices

both are slot1

mrsafetysays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's still too early to tell for the ninjapass x9.

it should be in stock very soon, so maybe wait for a few people to get it and give their opinions.

could be total crap for all we know
nyanya.gif
but it does look promising.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...