DS SWIFT CONCEPT!!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Anteo, Aug 17, 2009.

Aug 17, 2009

DS SWIFT CONCEPT!!!! by Anteo at 7:15 AM (1,135 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Anteo
    OP

Newcomer Anteo Advanced Member

Canada
    SOURCE: GamesIndustry.Biz

Okay, I just got this emailed to me form some french guy called Livetek (I have no idea who he is) and I was like, ohhh another DS eh...? Well this actually looked interesting until I found out it wasn't gonna happen [​IMG]. Furthermore, I showed this to some ppl on my MSN and they're saying its fake. Is it fake? I assume you guys on this forum that can hack shit and stuff can tell me if this s fake or not?

2. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember there was a concept that was scrapped, so I think it's real. They should've waited a bit longer so it would be cheaper to produce THEN release it.

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Someone created a free .tk website to poorly copy (and likely phish info from) a site that's already pretty close to crap to begin with, and the article doesn't even appear on the real site? I'm sorry, do people really fall for this garbage?

It's also pretty obvious that whoever wrote up that article started pulling numbers out of their ass. How the hell does a control redesign and a bit of a power update triple the retail value of the system?

4. Anteo
    OP

Newcomer Anteo Advanced Member

Canada
    awwww that just makes it worse >_

5. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Yea.

I heard before they actually have a great concept, but contrary to popular (email?) they did not scrap it, they have just decided to place it on hold for the DSi. The DSi is more of a transitionary product in perspective. The Phat being the original, the Lite being the aesthetic (and much needed) upgrade, and finally the DSi, a Lite with next-gen features, compared to the features of the un-flashcarded DS.

With the DSi store and applications, it seems to be transitioning to more than just a pick-up-and-play device. This is a small move. Only adding limited functionality still. The crux of the DSi is at the gaming, the multimedia functions proving to be severely lacking.

This "DSwift" would obviously not be a smart move. Pushing directly from one side to another is hardy ever a good idea. It's like if Firefox 4 was not customizable. It's too big of a jump. The purported email says it well; the customers would not be ready to accept this product.

Which brings me to my next point.
    This new DS, an actual real generation point, will be the DSi we all wanted. With a new design, different games, (better resolution?) and multimedia/emulation functions integrated to swipe more money out of your wallet. There will most likely be video playback, but I digress.

So, basically, all i'm trying to say is that this "DSwift" would be the rumored model that was held off for the us to finish eating the DSi and the Lite. I want this new DS as much as the next guy. Or in this case, as much as Iwata.

Someone said this before, but I can't remember-
    "The reason we don't get a better update is because of you. Stop buying it, dammit!"