Homebrew ds phone calls

havocfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i noticed that there is Voip as a phone call service on the ds. I looked into it and Voip cost money for the service. Is it possible to rig up something like aim for a voice chat or be able to put xfire on a ds? what about skype?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. dont ask a dumb question as your first post.
2. Why would you be using a ds as a phone
3. The DS cant possibly receive/and send a phone signal.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, you can't do what you want, at least not for free. SVSIP can let you make and receive VOIP calls if you pay for an SIP service, though you can just keep making new accounts to get more free trial minutes if you have the patience for it. There have been a couple of Internet chat applications for the DS, but they require both people to be running the program on their DS systems. There is no Skype client for the DS, as it's a closed protocol, and I don't think there's any way to interface with the voice chat features of any other IM clients.

ChrisMims

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a free one. I don't remember what it's called, though. Every time you use it w/ your DS, it gives you a new VOIP number.

havocfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, Charmandersrule, your reply is a little rude. As for my post other people had the same interest and in fact it has been done. So the way i see it my post is perfectly legit. As for everyone else that posted thanks a lot. I'm gonna go play with my new toy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro