Hacking DS not working after repair

joepie91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered a Metallic Blue replacement shell for my DS phat from DealExtreme, as well as a replacement touchscreen module (since mine was broken).

After disassembling, replacing parts, and reassembling, my DS doesn't boot up anymore. When I turn it on, it does nothing for about a second (normal boot time), then flashes a white screen (only on the bottom screen) and turns off.
I do not have the typical DS-bricked-problem however, which is the charging light turning off after one second. I can just charge my battery, no problems. But booting up won't work. It seems to me as if there is some internal security thingie that shuts off the DS because something isn't properly connected. As far as I can see from this situation, my motherboard is still working fine (since it still charges).

My firmware version is the one with the magenta screen (the Pictochat firmware verson test). It supports the 4 backlight modes of the NDS Lite.

Can anybody give me a hint as to where the problem could be?

joepie91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your help guys. I rewired everything, and I found out that one of the flatcables of the top screen (the small one) slipped out of it's connector. The cable is a little thin. Well, I reconnected it and everything is working now
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far