alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is moonshell 2 the best one?
any other better ones... im tired of moonshell2's problem
where you have to keep reformatting the card.....

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only ever had this problem with versions before 2.0. Ever since Moonshell 2, I have not had any corruption due to Moonshell.

env

Trophies
XP
Country
unsure.gif
Why is everyone hating moonshell 2 for that f*cking DiskCheck?! Just turn off that damn thing and no reformatting your card for good.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using DSvideo for a little while now. I basically use it for my 6 year old so he has some movies as well as games to keep him occupied on long trips. So far I have only encoded a few animated movies and the results have been very good and the clean interface of the program enables my lad to use it without problems.

Now things were good up until the other day when I tried to encoded a live action movie. The results were terrible it kept blurring out in places and was as jumpy as hell. My previous vids had turned out ok. I then tried another movie and the results were terrible as well.

So...... Looks as if I will be ditching DSvideo in favour of something else

I have looked at "DSM play" and "tuna_vids." From what I can tell DSM is excellent but the encoded file size is ridiculous and tuna_vids has a low FPS like dsvideo.

I would rather use dpg and moonshell but the moonshell interface is not exactly intuitive for a 6 year old. I wish there was a standalone dpg player.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
I would rather use dpg and moonshell but the moonshell interface is not exactly intuitive for a 6 year old. I wish there was a standalone dpg player.
Well, it could sort of be made pretty intuitive for a 6 year old (provided he doesn't get to the menu or submenu). You just have to go over to your dpg folder and then lock the folder navigation so he can't leave from that folder. Then while converting just choose the thumbnail image (if you actually care about that). There isn't very much different from MS2's video player versus DSVideo GUI-wise.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just loaded up moonshell. It is not as bad as I remembered. I'm just encoding a vid now so I will see how it goes. I also saw a getyoutube button on the dpgenc screen which looks interesting.

I am thinking of going the MAIO option but unsure as the boy still likes using dscovered. I might set up MAIO and see what he thinks. I can always leave DScovered on as an NDS if he wants to use it. Not sure if the autorun and DScovered loaders will still work with MAIO.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
I am thinking of going the MAIO option but unsure as the boy still likes using dscovered. I might set up MAIO and see what he thinks. I can always leave DScovered on as an NDS if he wants to use it. Not sure if the autorun and DScovered loaders will still work with MAIO.
A possible idea is to just leave DSCovered as your OS have MS2 as a homebrew instead since MS2 doesn't NEED commercial rom loading to work whereas DSCovered is pretty much all about that. Then you could just leave a resetmse in the video folder and that can bring you back to DSCovered from MS2.

QUOTE(N4RU70 FR34K @ Aug 29 2010, 06:33 AM) This is my solution even before you start you can turn it off but I forgot how.
Its in the moonshl2.ini file.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a good utility to crop a 1:2.35 aspect? It looks a bit ridiculous on the tiny DS screen. DPGenc does not seem to autocrop the file unless I'm missing something. There is an Aspect ratio option but I think this is just to tell it what the source is.

Edit: Sorry if I have hijacked this thread. I don't like starting new threads unless I have to.

Edit2: Using super to encode seems to be working better, I have more control over the output and it encodes FLV realy well.

TestNtune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In ms2 just hit start or select (forget which one lol} and look for the gui options menu. Then there is an option there to turn off disk check without having to manually edit the ini. Just a tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.