DS lite touchscreen problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by AdrianCXD, Feb 19, 2013.

Feb 19, 2013
  1. AdrianCXD
    OP

Newcomer AdrianCXD Newbie

Romania
    As you've already seen in the title, my touchscreen doesn't work properly. Right now, after I turn the console on, if I tap it, the ds would think that the touchscreen is still being touched on the very left part of the screen, and it is also very unaccurate. I tried recalibrating it, but nothing happened after pressing anything on the calibration screen. I can still play a few games that recquire touchscreen, but most of them won't work.

By the way, one night I left it in a humid place, and the next morning, its back was really wet. I opened it up with a flathead screwdriver (I could barely remove two tri-wing screws, but not the one under the battery, so I just looked insinde a bit) to check for any signs of water, but there was nothing inside. That's when it happened. I've also had a little problem with this before the event (while writing a signature, whenever I pressed the touchscreen, it would leave a black mark as I've moved the stylus on it).

A few days after that, I opened it again and pressed the clap which makes the connection with the touchscreen and it worked again for a day, but then the problem persisted.

Will replacing the touchscreen module fix my problem?

2. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It should. The part is very cheap so there is no harm in trying.

The clip on the touchscreen cable is very delicate though. I broke it the first time I tried to replace one. I recommend gently using your finger to open the latch, trying to use a tool is how I broke it.

I just replaced a touchsreen last week, it cost less than $4 on ebay and took me about 5 minutes to swap out.