DS Lite Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by NDSno1, Oct 5, 2010.

Oct 5, 2010

DS Lite Problem by NDSno1 at 2:44 AM (426 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. NDSno1

Newcomer NDSno1 Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I don't know if it's right to post here, if not please don't delete but move to someplace else.
    This is my problem. I accidentally dropped my DS Lite from about 1 meter from the ground when it was in sleepmode. Then both the screen went black. When I turned off and on again, the LED still on but the screen was black. I thought it was because of my R4 then I removed it and turn on again, but nothing came up. I had tried with the DS Gamecard but still the same, even when I didn't put anything in, the DS not load its firmware. But for about 3 hours later, I put my R4 in and turn on, it was on:)). But later when I was playing and press Select or Start, it freeze, then black screen. But later it still on but still freeze like that. I think it because of something inside was loosed. Anyone had an idea about how to fix this? I still want to keep it because there are many good DS game until now and 3DS is 2011 and I want to wait until it hacked and have "Lite version" like the DS with some new function.
  2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Buy a tri-wing screwdriver (can be had for under 4 dollars on alot of websites) and use a guide to take apart your DS, then make sure everything is connected. I dropped my DS lite 3 years ago and it somehow bent the power switch and I had to take it apart but it was a quick and easy fit. Plus the tri-wing can be used to dismantle pretty much every other Nintendo item.