DS Lite power on problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hazard7, May 15, 2011.

May 15, 2011

DS Lite power on problem by Hazard7 at 4:36 PM (1,084 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hazard7
    OP

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, I have a problem. My mum's ds lite won't fully turn on itself. All I did was turn it on and the green light went on for 1 second then bright green light for 1 second then off. Both top and bottom screen won't light up. I have look around sites on Google and many of them said it was the fuse blown (mostly F2) so I have already order 2 pair of ds lite replacement fuses and my uncle already replace the fuse and test both fuse is working (he said the F2 fuse did not work before he replace it.) Sadly the problem still there and I need know what is the problem apart from the fuses. Any helpers? Thanks.

2. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm sure you have probably already done so, but have you fully charged the system?
    I had a similar problem a while ago where my system was practically dead, and it wouldn't power on at all.
    I even plugged it into the charger and tried to turn it on to no avail.

Letting the DS Lite charge to it's entirety fixed this issue.
    Just thought I would mention this in the off-chance you didnt attempt to fully charge it first.

3. phoenix1234

Newcomer phoenix1234 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    well i would have said it was the fuses myself, altho u didnt need to replace them, u could have just bridged the gap with some solder, try it n see, if it still doesnt work, then i would say 1 of the screens has died, mainly the top 1, switch on n see if u get a slight flash from 1 of the screens, if u get a flash on 1 of them then that screen is not the faulty 1, also check the ribbon cable hasnt come loose from the top screen to the motherboard as this also prevents the system from startin up.

4. Hazard7
    OP

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I will talk with my uncle again to see the ribbon cable and other stuff you said. I already said that both top screen and bottom won't light up when turn on.