Gaming DS Lite power on problem

Hazard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a problem. My mum's ds lite won't fully turn on itself. All I did was turn it on and the green light went on for 1 second then bright green light for 1 second then off. Both top and bottom screen won't light up. I have look around sites on Google and many of them said it was the fuse blown (mostly F2) so I have already order 2 pair of ds lite replacement fuses and my uncle already replace the fuse and test both fuse is working (he said the F2 fuse did not work before he replace it.) Sadly the problem still there and I need know what is the problem apart from the fuses. Any helpers? Thanks.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you have probably already done so, but have you fully charged the system?
I had a similar problem a while ago where my system was practically dead, and it wouldn't power on at all.
I even plugged it into the charger and tried to turn it on to no avail.

Letting the DS Lite charge to it's entirety fixed this issue.
Just thought I would mention this in the off-chance you didnt attempt to fully charge it first.

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i would have said it was the fuses myself, altho u didnt need to replace them, u could have just bridged the gap with some solder, try it n see, if it still doesnt work, then i would say 1 of the screens has died, mainly the top 1, switch on n see if u get a slight flash from 1 of the screens, if u get a flash on 1 of them then that screen is not the faulty 1, also check the ribbon cable hasnt come loose from the top screen to the motherboard as this also prevents the system from startin up.

Hazard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
suppachipmunk said:
I'm sure you have probably already done so, but have you fully charged the system?
I had a similar problem a while ago where my system was practically dead, and it wouldn't power on at all.
I even plugged it into the charger and tried to turn it on to no avail.

Letting the DS Lite charge to it's entirety fixed this issue.
Just thought I would mention this in the off-chance you didnt attempt to fully charge it first.

I have already tried charging the battery and turn it on the same time and still nothing. The charger is working fine. I tried swapping battery between my own ds lite and my mums and the battery is fine on both ds.

QUOTE(phoenix1234 @ May 15 2011, 04:52 PM) well i would have said it was the fuses myself, altho u didnt need to replace them, u could have just bridged the gap with some solder, try it n see, if it still doesnt work, then i would say 1 of the screens has died, mainly the top 1, switch on n see if u get a slight flash from 1 of the screens, if u get a flash on 1 of them then that screen is not the faulty 1, also check the ribbon cable hasnt come loose from the top screen to the motherboard as this also prevents the system from startin up.

I will talk with my uncle again to see the ribbon cable and other stuff you said. I already said that both top screen and bottom won't light up when turn on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh just noticed that myself I bet it makes the Master System port look amazing by comparison lol