Gaming DS lite physical screen switch

Succyboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey GbaTemp,

I have a spare DS lite laying around and I wanted to turn it into a Gba Macro sort of thing,
However one feature I'd like to include in my build is being able to swap the screen displayed on my screen,
as in I'd like to make a physical switch that would make the DS swap between displaying the top or bottom screen on my DS.
This way I can play DS games without having both screens but with the ability to swap between them.

I did find a mod like this that someone came up with but unfortunately cannot link it due to new member limitations ;(

However @froggestspirit who posted this image said this mod only worked on the DS Phat.
How could I apply the same mod on my DS lite?
Are there any other software solutions perhaps?

Last edited by Succyboi,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There have been screen swapping mods made available but they have to be done on a game by game basis, and I don't see an easy way to automate them.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/action-replay-code-to-switch-screens.355486/ (later posts as earlier ones were more emulator only).
Also covers the internal hardware stuff.

If you are doing hardware fiddling then you could probably capture the signals internally and have them swap around with a button press. I don't know if the screens are similar at electrical level but given they are the same resolution and everything else I would not be surprised. If so then you could even get away with a simple selectable signal redirection setup. There are quite a few traces on the ribbons and you might need to do something like force blank the screen for a little bit (if you managed to swap during a write phase it can be troubling for some things -- see why a lot of things have to happen during a vblank) but still nothing too drastic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy