DS lite Freezes on Settings Menu, Help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sonictopfan, Jun 8, 2015.

1. sonictopfan
    OP

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    I looked around and googled for about an hour but didn't find anyone having a similar problem so I'm posting it here hoping to get an answer, please feel free to move the topic or remove it if it breaks any violations.

So I was playing on my DS lite last night with my AceKard2i, I play with it a lot as I have a huge collection of Roms, and last night as I wanted to start a new file with WarioWare D.I.Y. I wanted to edit the date of the console to unlock the later episodes, only to find out a weird bug my DS lite has which didn't have before, I can't access the settings menu in my DS lite, every time I try the console freezes, same happens if I try to enter Game Download or Chat, I can enter everything else though, alarm clock, DS slot, GBA slot, even change the brightness, and using another game I can access the Wifi settings, but other than that it freezes, is there any solution for this issue? Thank you!

2. Coto

Coto GBAtemp Addict

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    have you tried installing FLASHME? It is a modified firmware for the stock DS lite. Also the Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM) could be loose. (It is badged to the Wireless chip), which is removable.

3. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I was about to ask the same question. Maybe reflashing an unmodified firmware would fix it.

4. sonictopfan
    OP

Mar 2, 2010
    I never heard of FLASHME, what is that? Also what's NVRAM? Maybe I can try that!

5. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    FLASHME is a DS custom firmware which allow PASSME flashcard without a PASSKEY. NVRAM is a RAM chip, which could be loose, since it is removable.

6. sonictopfan
    OP

Mar 2, 2010
    Sounds kinda risky, I don't want to replace my OFW with a CFW, and I don't know anything about fixing hardware, is there like a software that allows me to reset the factory settings or reinstall the OFW using a flashcard of some sort? Any easier way for a newbie like me.