Hacking DS-Link Review

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference is, this is a slot 1 solution. I have yet to see it tested, or any slot one solution tested yet. I've seen test for slot 2 tested, they all came out around 4 hours too. Someone posted earlier they heard DS Link lasts for four hours. I'll wait till it's actually tested, unless a source can be brought up verifying DS Link itself lasts for about 4 hours.

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the review DeVs
But can you tell us what build and version of moonshell you use ? Cause I suppose the bug with some homebrews comes from the Fat Driver.So have you try Scumm and Pico with the flashcart version ?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my ds-link cards by courier. quality is very nice. I bought a 512mb kingston in store here for €15 and castlevania intro plays fullspeed
biggrin.gif

I dont know what other games to test, any suggestions?

Also, when I have my G6 lite in the gba slot and ds-link in the ds slot, how can I boot up from the DS slot, it doesnt seem to work, the g6 lite always boots
frown.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flashme was made to boot whatever is in slot-2 first..

only recourse right now is to pull out the g6.. dunno if going into the DS menu while holding select and then booting DSLink from there would work though..

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
If DSLink doesn't boot from the menu...

Maybe there can be a new FlashMe update that allows you to boot from Slot-1 automatically, and others that use Slot-2 can keep their existing one.

Zythie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a place to buy this and a mk4-mini that is just a simple credit card transaction? Not like paypal or Western Union.

Josh
nds.gif

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone know a place to buy this and a mk4-mini that is just a simple credit card transaction? Not like paypal or Western Union.

Josh
nds.gif
I would not truse my credit card to any of the companies that sell flashcarts. Paypal is a really safe, fast and easy way to make a transaction. Why would you want anything else?

Zythie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why but paypal doesn't work right for me.
frown.gif
I would never use my credit card on a site that others haven't confirmed to be an honorable company.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashme was made to boot whatever is in slot-2 first..

only recourse right now is to pull out the g6.. dunno if going into the DS menu while holding select and then booting DSLink from there would work though..

That would be fine. Also you can put it on Auto and just hold select to boot SLOT-1.

But I'm just gonna keep the dust cover on the bottom anyway.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when i hold select i get to the ds main menu, but it says there is no ds card inside.
when i use auto mode it boots the g6 lite in gba mode
frown.gif

when i boot without g6 lite inside it starts ds-link...

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
('0') i think i'll buy this thing... currently having m3 sd on my ds lite.. (and its ugly)

should i get this or supercard lite? bamboogaming sold them in almost the same price
sleep.gif
~ hum... i only need good ds suport and it seems ds link has it.. is the support good for software? and O,o any official site..? mr google doesnt really help me this time

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only reason I would want this at this point is if it will work well with my G6lite. It seems both lenselijer and devs have G6lites so if I may, I'd like to ask about how these two devices work together. Ideally, I'd like to keep both carts in at all times with my GBA games on the G6lite and my DS games on the DSlink.

Any info on this would be great! And thanks for the comprehensive review, Devs. Much appreciated!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That was my idea also, but it seems that when you put both devices in your ds lite, you can only boot the g6 lite. you cant boot the ds-link no matter what buttons i press.

maybe we have to wait for a flashme update or something?

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I would want this at this point is if it will work well with my G6lite.  It seems both lenselijer and devs have G6lites so if I may, I'd like to ask about how these two devices work together.  Ideally, I'd like to keep both carts in at all times with my GBA games on the G6lite and my DS games on the DSlink.

That's the same thought I've had, with this new line-up of cards that'll be hitting us between now and end of year. I'm perfectly happy with my G6Lite right now, and really don't have a need to purchase one of these DS carts asap. I'll probably hold off my next purchase until I see what the G6/M3 teams has up their sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding back their R/D on a slot-1 card for just a bit (while they wait and see what the other companies come out with).

Seeing all these slot-1 advancements is exciting, but I just don't see a need to upgrade as of now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy