Hacking DS games on 3DS question

Dalrint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dug my 3DS out for the first time in a while, been itching to play Chrono Trigger, and the way I had been doing it before (like...at least a year ago, probably longer) was using NTR launcher to launch my old cycloDS evolution flashcart to play DS games.

But I'm noticing when I close the lid, it shuts off the flash card and goes back to the menu. I don't know if this is a problem with NTR or cycloDS or whatever.

My question is, I know there are other solutions, like I guess twilight menu? Is that better than using a flashcart now? When I was looking at it forever ago it was pretty new and not very compatible, from what I remember. Some googling makes it seem like it's better, but I'm wondering if it's worth switching off my flashcart and into twilight menu. I know I can play stuff on the 3DS SD card, but I don't really care about that, if I'm honest.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So I dug my 3DS out for the first time in a while, been itching to play Chrono Trigger, and the way I had been doing it before (like...at least a year ago, probably longer) was using NTR launcher to launch my old cycloDS evolution flashcart to play DS games.

But I'm noticing when I close the lid, it shuts off the flash card and goes back to the menu. I don't know if this is a problem with NTR or cycloDS or whatever.

My question is, I know there are other solutions, like I guess twilight menu? Is that better than using a flashcart now? When I was looking at it forever ago it was pretty new and not very compatible, from what I remember. Some googling makes it seem like it's better, but I'm wondering if it's worth switching off my flashcart and into twilight menu. I know I can play stuff on the 3DS SD card, but I don't really care about that, if I'm honest.

Yeah, pretty much. TWL is compatible with almost every games these days and it works great.

by the way, Did you install CFW to your 3DS? You can boot to flashcart directly without exploits with Luma3DS.

Dalrint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, pretty much. TWL is compatible with almost every games these days and it works great.

by the way, Did you install CFW to your 3DS? You can boot to flashcart directly without exploits with Luma3DS.

I do have Luma3DS installed, but for some reason cycloDS doesn't show up as an inserted cart. The only way I've ever found to launch it is through NTR Launcher.

If TWL is better at this point, I can probably save myself the hassle and just switch everything to my 3DS card and TWL. At least it might be interesting to get it working.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk anything specifically about CycloDS but I do know if I insert my R4 card while the 3DS is on it won't show up until I either reboot or load up Twilightmenu++ which essentially causes the same effect of what I'll just call refreshing the card slot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: