DS #DSi 0106: Tron Evolution (Europe)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone find any vids of this at all? i cannot find any >.< im a huge fan of the original tron so im curious if to give this a try or not altho previous comments dont fill me with confidence lol

and there are tons of movie games that are good. how about the alice in wonderland game for DS? that was awesome!

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has AP. I am using Acekard 2i on a DS lite and it would not throw this disc. I tried a few times and then the ending credits rolled. Then, I turned on the anti AP setting and it worked fine.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Terenigma said:
and there are tons of movie games that are good. how about the alice in wonderland game for DS? that was awesome!

Actually Disney makes very good DS games for an unknown reason.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is actually decent. It is like a cross between Force Unleashed and a Zelda game so far. I didn't like the light cycles much. I wish they only turned 90o like the oldschool ones did.

megadom

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tried to run it on my DS Lite with a EzFlash Vi Kernel 2.0 RC 18
black screens
so I tried to decrypt it with eNDryptS Advanced
the decrypted rom starts but when I try to start a new story game or a quick Light Cycle game I just get black screens
Are there any patch out yet or should I mandatory wait for the Kernel to be updated?
Thanks a lot!

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megadom said:
black screens
the decrypted rom starts but when I try to start a new story game or a quick Light Cycle game I just get black screens
Are there any patch out yet or should I mandatory wait for the Kernel to be updated?
Thanks a lot!

why not try it on 3.0 OB3..mbmax says it works
not sure if you're suppose to turn on special mode or not

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luckwii said:
The game is actually decent. It is like a cross between Force Unleashed and a Zelda game so far. I didn't like the light cycles much. I wish they only turned 90o like the oldschool ones did.
They don't seem to turn in right angles in the film either (not the parts I've seen at least (trailer)). It's conceivable that in over 25 years the simulated world has improved steering.

ilovegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:

if you mean in the grid games, change the "control" setting to "classic" for 90 degree turns only

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
a nice game to get... the title itself should give us an idea (also the boxart)
if u ask me racing games (not this) are very few for the DS which have reached top quality... after pro street almost all racing games are quite normal but nothing special
plus we dont get good action games though this might be reaching it

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm just wondering what the DSi enhancment is ???
unsure.gif

Perhaps the Camera will digitise us into the games !!!!
blink.gif

QUOTE said:
I didn't like the light cycles much. I wish they only turned 90o like the oldschool ones did.They do - use the D-pad' left/right does the same thingQUOTEThey don't seem to turn in right angles in the film either (not the parts I've seen at least (trailer)). It's conceivable that in over 25 years the simulated world has improved steering.
Ermm - IIRC the light cycles in the original TRON DID do curves.....
Remeber when they escaped from the game grid - there were a few scenes where they 'curved' around corners

megadom

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RoMee said:
megadom said:
black screens
Thanks a lot!

I thought that the new 3.0 Kernel was supposed to work only on DSi consoles... that is the reason I have not yet updated to 3.0, I'm afraid it won't start anymore...
so may you confirm me that the 3.0 kernel works on DS Lite too?
Thanks

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
luckwii said:
They don't seem to turn in right angles in the film either (not the parts I've seen at least (trailer)). It's conceivable that in over 25 years the simulated world has improved steering.

Wouldn't 90o be improved steering? Think about it, the suspension on a sports car allows it to take tighter turns.

CannonFoddr said:
Remeber when they escaped from the game grid - there were a few scenes where they 'curved' around corners

Yeah but that wasn't on the grid where the games took place.

QUOTE(ilovegames @ Nov 26 2010, 11:01 PM)
if you mean in the grid games, change the "control" setting to "classic" for 90 degree turns only

Okay, thanks.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE said:
I didn't like the light cycles much. I wish they only turned 90o like the oldschool ones did.They do - use the D-pad' left/right does the same thingQUOTEThey don't seem to turn in right angles in the film either (not the parts I've seen at least (trailer)). It's conceivable that in over 25 years the simulated world has improved steering.
I know they did; I remember. The jetwalls went down too. I'm only making things up as I go along, but in the "game" itself they could only make right-angles. The game itself could have changed in the years to allow for more manoeuvrability. The trailer did also show that the jetwalls could be controlled (in that instance at least). I do remember how they worked though, it does rank near the top of my favourite films after all.
wink.gif

END OF LINE.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
It has AP. I am using Acekard 2i on a DS lite and it would not throw this disc. I tried a few times and then the ending credits rolled. Then, I turned on the anti AP setting and it worked fine.

Yeah, same here. Wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Couldn't attack, and then all of a sudden the credits started rolling. Doubt I'm missing out on anything groundbreaking, but it looks worth checking out once it's fixed on CycloDS.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megadom said:
RoMee said:
megadom said:
black screens
Thanks a lot!

I thought that the new 3.0 Kernel was supposed to work only on DSi consoles... that is the reason I have not yet updated to 3.0, I'm afraid it won't start anymore...
Thanks
Wow ! Please update your ez5i into firmware v101 + k3.0ob3.
Kernels 3.0 series got AP engine and special mode (sort of clean mode).

BTW, where did you get this false information about this kernel running only on dsi consoles ?
unsure.gif

megadom

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mbmax said:
megadom said:
RoMee said:
megadom said:
black screens
Thanks a lot!

Thanks
Wow ! Please update your ez5i into firmware v101 + k3.0ob3.
Kernels 3.0 series got AP engine and special mode (sort of clean mode).

BTW, where did you get this false information about this kernel running only on dsi consoles ?
unsure.gif

I got the wrong idea by reading the Ezflash USA forum... in the official thread they were talking about only DSi and DSi XL, so I thought it was a "special" update... BTW I just updated my cartridge and it just seems to work alright with the decrypted rom without enabling special mode
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megadom said:
I got the wrong idea by reading the Ezflash USA forum... in the official thread they were talking about only DSi and DSi XL, so I thought it was a "special" update... BTW I just updated my cartridge and it just seems to work alright with the decrypted rom without enabling special mode
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot!
You are welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-