DS Doom

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Adrenal, Aug 26, 2008.

Aug 26, 2008

DS Doom by Adrenal at 10:56 PM (1,985 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Adrenal
    OP

Newcomer Adrenal Newbie

Australia
    Yes, I know this has probably been brung up n times before but anyway...

I really want to have Doom on my DS but have been unable as I dont know how [​IMG] . I couldnt find any information on the internet regarding how to "install" it, or even
    any information on GbaTemp, there was a wiki but it had only dead links.

Could anyone help me with this process or better yet explain to me what I should do ? ( Maybe even a link?)

Thanks everyone !

2. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    look up dsdoom in google.. Download the package, Extract it and put all the files [both wads, the nds and prboom file..] on the root of you MicroSD.. Try that and hopefully it will work.. Thats all I did.. [​IMG]

EDIT: http://www.dsdoom.com/downloads.php Download 1.1.2

3. Adrenal
    OP

Newcomer Adrenal Newbie

Australia
    I did that...when i open dsdoom.nds on my DS it comes up with a promp -

"Single player game" or "multiplayer"

I select single player, its just a black screen and it doesnt respond if i press any buttons.

EDIT: Got it thanks !

4. Jerme

Banned Jerme Banned

United States
    when i tried this, my ds froze and the sd card broke... it cant even be formatted no matter what i tried (sd formatter, trying to format on my computer, and my cell phone)

downloaders beware.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    jerme: hush now! don't you dare run this homebrew through the mud because your msd was ready to die. i've used dsdoom with more than 100 converted wad files (prboom compatable) on 5 different flash kits using 3 different types of msd cards. perhaps you ran the unofficial wad selector update which is a hacked source of 1.1.

The sound adjustment option is a known crash bug.

The following Retail WADS I have confirmed to run:
    Doom 1
    Doom 1 - Ultimate Edition
    Doom 1 Shareware
    Doom 2 - hell on earth
    Doom - Final Doom > Plutonia
    Doom - Final Doom > TNT

Some Addon/Fan WADs that are standalone will run. Others require that you have the original version of Doom/DoomII, etc installed. Those will not run unless you can find a way to join them. Also multiple WAD addons are not supported, again they need to be merged. Try Google for this, there are a few solutions that will give basic results, but don't expect every Doom WAD ever made to run on your NDS.

Online network wifi play is supported although buggy. You will need the full install of PRBoom which contains a server application. More instructions for setting up a network game can be found in the included ReadME file.

Many of the options included in PRBoom can not be directly adjusted within DS Doom because DS Doom does not contain a keyboard application. You can however edit the config file that DS Doom creates. Simple adjust one of the Yes/No type settings and exit out of the menu system and a config file will be saved in the root directory of your Flash card. Open it in any format stripping text editor and edit colors and sprite behavior to your hearts content.

When setting this up make sure you do the following:
    Place dsdoom.nds, prboom.wad and 1 of the doom game wads on the root of your media card. prboom.wad and doom.wad (game file) must be in the root directory.
    prboom.wad and doom.wad (game file) must be named as you see them typed here.

If you wish to play a different doom wad supported by prboom then you must rename that wad file to doom.wad. As of yet there is no way to select multiple wad files in the official builds.

Helpful Links:
    http://www.jefklak.com/Guides/Doom-DS
    http://www.dsdoom.com/
    http://prboom.sourceforge.net/

If it does not load it is probably your DLDI patching. Try a patched, unpatched, and nopatch version. If you know that your DLDI patch is correct then it could be that your game WADs are corrupt. It has been reported that corrupt WADs cause DS Doom not to load. The Shareware WAD is confirmed to work so why not just grab that and give it another try.

http://dl.gamesplanet.be/jefklak/Doom/DOOM1.rar

-Another World

6. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
  7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    can i borrow and use that image from now on?

-another world

8. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What he said.

9. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Likewise.