DS Card Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jud1255, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jud1255
    OP

jud1255 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2008
    Hello everyone,
    anyone got a preference on DS cards as there is that many to choose from.
    Eg: R4, Acekard, Cyclods, DS Extreme Edge, EZ-Flash,M3, Ds Supercard.
    I was originally going for an R4 till i saw all the others as the r4 seems to be most commonly advertised
    I would like to buy and use minimum 4gb sd card which means I would need sdhc.
    Any help recommendations links etc , will be most appreciated .
    Is there a comparison guide anywhere ?
    Thanks jud

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    this has been ask over and over
    SEARCH

fort the most part
    R4(as well as clones and fake versions of it)=WORST
    Cyclods=BEST

3. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Post your criteria to this thread, and someone will help you choose: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252

The ones that I see most recommended are CycloDS (if you're willing to pay a lot for a few extra seldom-used features like real-time game state dumps), Acekard 2 (no game state dumps, but great menu system), Edge (no game state dumps, but a CycloDS-like menu system), and Supercard DS 1 (if you want to pay less than the CycloDS for game state dumps but are willing to suffer with a more sluggish and complicated menu).

Personally, I like the Acekard 2.

-Bri

4. jud1255
    OP

jud1255 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2008
    Thank's guys ,I think im going for the Acekard 2. Then possibly upgrade to the CycloDS if needed.
    I was originally thinking 4gb but now realise its gonna be better with several 2gb's (if required)
    especially for the kids.
    Thanks Jud
    im going with you Bri Acekard 2