Hacking DS backups on 3ds without flashcart?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i know its usually impossible to run ds games on 3ds menu without a flashcart. But i have been out of the 3ds hacking scene for some time now and am revisiting the question because my SCDSTWO broke and i refuse to lug around all my ds carts especially seeing how i dunped my saves as well and my digital saves are farther then my cart saves. Is this possible as of yet? i hear some talk about it i think about demos or something.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. There's the experimental DS emulator for n3DS only but it doesn't run well. You've been here long enough to know better than to make a new thread on a topic that's been asked a million times and not even do a search ....
well i did search but people are lying trolls half the time, not to mention the tons of fake downloads. ooooh the fake downloads.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
well i did search but people are lying trolls half the time, not to mention the tones of fake downloads. ooooh the fake downloads.
If it was possible there would be a thread on the front page with 200 pages called "OMG DS GAMES CAN BE PLAYED OFF SD CARD!!!!"

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr soon™ at best. There are a few people (maybe just one) who are working on ds anything right now. They may or may not actually manage to do all that is theoretically required to launch a .nds from sd.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
tl;dr soon™ at best. There are a few people (maybe just one) who are working on ds anything right now. They may or may not actually manage to do all that is theoretically required to launch a .nds from sd.

Actually converting .nds roms to DSiWare already been done but there is currently a huge catch. That catch is that the rom in question must be one that doesn't try to read data from the cart slot. Which means download play demos (and possibly some homebrew) only. To make commercial games work it would be necessary to create patching software similar to Max Overload (or what the M3 Perfect/Supercard GBA slot carts did) but since the source code to Max Overload or the M3/Supercard software was never released, it would be a pretty big RE effort. In fact, I would be willing to bet that Max Overload (which is the closest to what we want since the Max Media Dock didn't have additional hardware to help) has anti-debugging/reversing code in it which would make it even harder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: