DS App Studio v0.4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Sep 19, 2010.

Sep 19, 2010

DS App Studio v0.4 by Another World at 9:51 PM (2,829 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    DS App Studio v0.4
    Computer Software
    [​IMG]

DS App Studio is a computer program being developed to aid DS Homebrew authors. The program features its own coding language instead of using C/C++. For more information on the project check the homepage, linked below.

[​IMG] Homepage
    [​IMG] Source

2. Moreno

Newcomer Moreno Member

Brazil
    Too bad the file is on DCEmu. That way, only users of this forum can get the file, since the source site is down (I at least tried and can not).

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I'm not so sure the program is really even worth the download to try...the most recent test I have tried with it...I couldn't even get "hello world" to show up...and all I needed to do was open up a new project and compile (it has hello world already there)...

4. demosthenes2k8

Newcomer demosthenes2k8 Member

United States
    I've seen this guy's posts on Dream in Code, where he posted the project a while back. He most likely won't stick with it. And if he does, it will probably turn out like his previous projects-impossible to use or get things working in.

Also, the installer doesn't install well. It put things into C:\ when I told it to install into C:\Users\Testbed\Desktop\devkitpro (Version 0.3's installer, but whatever)

5. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i linked to the homepage in the 1st post. there is a download section with the installer there.

-another world

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    DS Game maker and this, which one is better? is it correct to say tht u need some knowledge of programming for this? can u use c# to create an app on the DS? too many questions?

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    DS Game Maker is definitely better...I was actually able to DO something for a short time (until I poked at something I probably wasn't supposed to). If this program gets better, then you shouldn't need to have any real knowledge of programming, although any type of DS homebrew dev should know some coding language....I think you can already use C# for coding on the DS...or maybe I'm thinking about something else.