DS #4962: Ghost Trick (Japan)

Crahlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkKnight said:
So how playable is this to people who can't read japanese?

You will not get the story, but the gameplay is all right for poeple who can't read Japanese.
In fact it's pretty fun!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love how unique this game is in every way! Hopefully it`s going to be really hard
biggrin.gif

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Need to resist urge to play through the whole game in Japanese. This is so addicting. But the story is pretty good too and I want to get more of it. So I really need to wait for the English release of this one. ;_;

Gligli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried all the patches I found from these pages, but it doesn't make it work at all for DSOne. Two blanks screens, as if unpatched...

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As above, I'm getting blank screens when booting the game whatever I do (Bahamut release, R4, tried multiple firmwares and patches). Kinda losing hope, I've tried all the advice I could find, both Japanese and English. :/

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heads up to those that were having trouble using DSTT, got it to work with 'Unofficial DSTT Kernel_v117a13_rev05(JAP)'.
biggrin.gif

I forgot in what ways I patched the rom, 'cuz I pretty much tried all of them before >_>, but I'm guessing any should do, really.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Tycho01 said:
Heads up to those that were having trouble using DSTT, got it to work with 'Unofficial DSTT Kernel_v117a13_rev05(JAP)'.
biggrin.gif

I forgot in what ways I patched the rom, 'cuz I pretty much tried all of them before >_>, but I'm guessing any should do, really.

well DSTT users arnt having problems

tongue.gif

only noobs who dont know where to get a reliable DSTT update
tongue.gif

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought I saw two in this thread.
ohnoes.png

Anyway, halfway through now. I really hope this game is going to catch on in Japan as well as abroad, because so far it's awesome, srsly. Definitely want for this to influence future games in the genre!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the game and it was a real blast. The story was well paced and for me, always kept me wanting to play more to find out more about what was going on. I especially liked how the mechanism for 'resetting' the final time line was well thought out and actually had actually been setup throughout the game. Rather than being somewhat pulled out of a hat without any underlying buildup.

I'm not sure why people think there's some kind of "Ace Attorney" influence. I've played through the game and it was quite enjoyable. But they didn't have any call backs to any Ace Attorney characters, and game mechanic wise it's totally different. I'd argue that there are much less of the 'insanely flamboyant' characters that are common in the Ace Attorney series.

I can definitely see them at least trying to make a translation of the game. The story and characters I think are engaging and can be translated between cultures. So I don't see any major hurdles in doing so aside from the effort required which is actually much less than most other games.

I'd recommend against playing the game if you don't understand Japanese. You can theoretically fumble through the mechanics of the game and complete it. It's pretty simple to do so without reading any Japanese. But really the story is what shines in this game, and you'd be missing out on what really makes the game tick.

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
lmao i think i know how ace attorney cases are now made, if the ghost trick fails in saving the patient, they start to make a case about it XD

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
doyama said:
Just finished the game and it was a real blast. [...] I especially liked how the mechanism for 'resetting' the final time line was well thought out and actually had actually been setup throughout the game. Rather than being somewhat pulled out of a hat without any underlying buildup.
Yeah, same. Not to mention
how they did bother to explain the tutorial character, explaining why the timeline sorta had to go the way it went.
Fun stuff.

QUOTE(doyama @ Jun 24 2010, 06:44 PM) I'm not sure why people think there's some kind of "Ace Attorney" influence.
The way I saw this, the art and game-play were admittedly quite different, but if you were to judge by the dialog (or BGMs/SEs for that matter), it was very reminiscent of Ace Attorney. If you played those in Japanese as well, I think you'd notice the style of jokes to be the same (protagonist noting the others' comments not being particularly applicable, the "??????" in ???????, that kinda small stuff). Then there was Missile, the investigator that looked very similar to Phoenix (only in 3D, not the sprite), and a few other references in text. It's small things really, but I definitely noticed, probably if I hadn't known before as well.

Kislii13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Man_Hunt

as a ghost go to the bench in the 2nd room. when 1st guardian (G)`ve turned aside, click "painter"(P)icon. he runs under the bench.
between 1 and 2 floor sniper lies. click "action" to open floorhole bw 1&2. he`s falling. close the hole.
wait antill he goes to the 1st floor through hole and open it.
as a ghost go to the right side of a hole.
U`ll be lucky, if at this moment 2nd G begins to go up to stairs. click (P)icon.
as a ghots close the flore and go to the drums. hit it. when 3rd G comes closer, open the hole.
call P.
close a hole and call P to the exit

Raven1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I'm absolutely loving it, but I'm stuck X_X
Help!

I've just saved the girl from the dark Trap Room under the police office thing (the trap with the light, fan, ball, cupid statue, and revolver. er.. Where the um... Scientist with the bird on his head is.. or something.

Anyway, I um, did that, and then she went into the hatch. Then I went to a few other locations, but nothing was happening anywhere o_o
It's not progressing! What am I meant to do!

EDIT: Oh, I had to keep annoying the two guards by making the papers go back and forth >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his name "Dick", and they say it more often than should have been necessary
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    A @ anotherthing: Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.