DS #4769: WarioWare D.I.Y (USA)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Question: Why do people keep posting fixes for the JAPANESE version of the game when none of them work with the US version of the game, even after everyone says "IT DON'T FUCKING WORK, STOP SAYING IT DOES" or something?

'Cause people are stupid. It's how the internet works.

Chill out. You're doing nothing but being a pest at the moment. Really. You're being incredibly hostile and immature. If someone is posting false information or being rude, use the Report button. Mods don't mind, it's their job. Hell, just replying to a post saying "This is just the Japanese ROM fix, it won't work here, don't bother". is not only better than going off on a rant, but it's useful and I'm sure you'll get a pat on the back for it.

And just to remind people, don't post false fixes or incorrect info. It's nothing but a red herring and you know it. There's already enough clutter here; try to limit your trash.

Anyway, I'll just wait for the next AKAIO update, although I doubt it'll be any time soon, since it's best to wait for them to bundle a bunch of game fixes in there. But hey, I've got my PSP, Infinite Space, and Pokemon to play in the mean time.

EDIT: Small rewording so it makes more sense
tongue.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Inunah said:
Question: Why do people keep posting fixes for the JAPANESE version of the game when none of them work with the US version of the game, even after everyone says "IT DON'T FUCKING WORK, STOP SAYING IT DOES" or something?

Chill out. You're doing nothing but being a pest at the moment. Really. You're being incredibly hostile and immature. If someone is posting false information or being rude, use the Report button. Mods don't mind, it's their job. Hell, just replying to a post saying "This is just the Japanese ROM fix, it won't work here, don't bother". is not only better than going off on a rant, but it's useful and I'm sure you'll get a pat on the back for it.

And just to remind people, don't post false fixes or incorrect info. It's nothing but a red herring and you know it. There's already enough clutter here; try to limit your trash.

Anyway, I'll just wait for the next AKAIO update, although I doubt it'll be any time soon, since it's best to wait for them to bundle a bunch of game fixes in there. But hey, I've got my PSP, Infinite Space, and Pokemon to play in the mean time.

tongue.gif
That same 'fix' was posted in another thread, saying you have to use fricken 1.18 firmware with R4...... I question peoples' sanity if they're dumb enough to switch to that shit for ONE fricken game.

KoolKojoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
How to fix the black screen problem (it doesn't fix the saving problem!):

1. Get the ROM (Don't ask, use Google!)

2. Download the fix on this site: http://bbs.supercard.sc/attachment.php?aid...WlZdVVNb0hKRnJv

3. Put the ROM and the fix in the same folder.

4. Rename the ROM to cvn-mio.nds

5. Start the x.bat file and wait some seconds, and you should have a new ROM called cvn-mio-fixed.nds with the fix.

I can confirm it working on R4!

Please credit me, if you post this guide somewhere else
smile.gif

This fix worked fine for me, but I'm not using v1.18 or whatever, I'm using this. Its funny because this fix actually doesn't work with YSMENU, so if you're still on v1.18 try that first, instead of Ysmenu. Ofcourse saving still doesn't work, but we're getting somewhere.
Since Ysmenu is good for running almost every other compatible game on R4, changing the main firmware for it shouldn't really be a problem, you can just run Ysmenu from the Moonshell or media button in the middle, or as a .nds file.

I tried using my 32mb Japanese save and it still didn't work.
-Also, if you're testing it, after you make the game with Wario, do not go into the D.I.Y. 1 blender like the little girl says, it freezes the game.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Inunah said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Inunah said:

tongue.gif
That same 'fix' was posted in another thread, saying you have to use fricken 1.18 firmware with R4...... I question peoples' sanity if they're dumb enough to switch to that shit for ONE fricken game.

I question yours lady.

Sincerely, stop it. If you dont like your R4, go ask someone for money. Youve been like this ever since you registered at gbatemp. Stop being a troll. I come here to see if theres something new only to find your stupid posts.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
I question yours lady.

Sincerely, stop it. If you dont like your R4, go ask someone for money. Youve been like this ever since you registered at gbatemp. Stop being a troll. I come here to see if theres something new only to find your stupid posts.

I come here to see if there's something new only to find that nobody's gonna make R4 fixes for the fucking games. There's nobody I can go to for money, and I have NOT been this way ever since I registered at GBATemp. I've been this way ever since SOMEONE hasn't gotten off their lazy ass and made fucking R4 patches. I'm not being a troll. I'm just demanding someone make patches for one of the most used carts.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
donelwero said:
I question yours lady.

I come here to see if there's something new only to find that nobody's gonna make R4 fixes for the fucking games. There's nobody I can go to for money, and I have NOT been this way ever since I registered at GBATemp. I've been this way ever since SOMEONE hasn't gotten off their lazy ass and made fucking R4 patches. I'm not being a troll. I'm just demanding someone make patches for one of the most outdated carts.

Fix'd

Oh and yes you really have been like this since you joined. I was there. (watching you post rants and having the fact that you are a girl in your sig)

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
donelwero said:
I question yours lady.

I come here to see if there's something new only to find that nobody's gonna make R4 fixes for the fucking games. There's nobody I can go to for money, and I have NOT been this way ever since I registered at GBATemp. I've been this way ever since SOMEONE hasn't gotten off their lazy ass and made fucking R4 patches. I'm not being a troll. I'm just demanding someone make patches for one of the most used carts.

You know what they say..if you want something done, do it yourself. Plus, everyone with the R4 will benefit from your contribution. Unless of course you don't know how to create these patches..if that's the case then either learn how to do it(& contribute) or wait patiently...or bitch about it, whatever works for you
yay.gif

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
KoolKojoS said:
Delta517 said:

2. Download the fix on this site: http://bbs.supercard.sc/attachment.php?aid...WlZdVVNb0hKRnJv

5. Start the x.bat file and wait some seconds, and you should have a new ROM called cvn-mio-fixed.nds with the fix.

smile.gif

This fix worked fine for me, but I'm not using v1.18 or whatever, I'm using this. Its funny because this fix actually doesn't work with YSMENU, so if you're still on v1.18 try that first, instead of Ysmenu. Ofcourse saving still doesn't work, but we're getting somewhere.
Since Ysmenu is good for running almost every other compatible game on R4, changing the main firmware for it shouldn't really be a problem, you can just run Ysmenu from the Moonshell or media button in the middle, or as a .nds file.

-Also, if you're testing it, after you make the game with Wario, do not go into the D.I.Y. 1 blender like the little girl says, it freezes the game.

Yeah. I think it freezes because it doesn't save the minigames you make, so when you try to start them up it doesn't find any minigame, which leads to...*drum roll*...a freeze...
wink.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Delta517 said:
KoolKojoS said:
Delta517 said:

smile.gif

Yeah. I think it freezes because it doesn't save the minigames you make, so when you try to start them up it doesn't find any minigame, which leads to...*drum roll*...a freeze...
wink.gif

Well imo the problem is that it doesn't save anything at all not just the mini-games. If it wouldn't just find the mini-games, but everything else would be in order then it would freeze every time you try to access, let's say, D.I.Y 2 without anything saved, on a retail game aswell. So i think it prevents any saving at all.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the fix posted here does get the game to load on a CycloDS Evolution using firmware 1.58 beta 2, but, like on other flashcarts, the game does not save properly. You'll have to start all over again every time you load the game.

tjsynkral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
I can confirm that the fix posted here does get the game to load on a CycloDS Evolution using firmware 1.58 beta 2, but, like on other flashcarts, the game does not save properly. You'll have to start all over again every time you load the game.

The fix works fine on my DSONE HC EOSP1 and the RTS feature theoretically solves the lack of save, however, DIY games (including tutorials) disappear from the shop and if you try to run them before the game realizes they've disappeared, the game freezes.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:

well at least we are getting some where a little bit.. and yaaaa toni's back modding the hell out of these trolls!! go toni go toni it's your b-day it's your b-day.

back on topic. anything other mini game types beside tapping? like maybe with the mic or any other ways from wario ware touched?

V!olaPlayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay this makes sense, but yet it doesn't. The game works without save on my AK2i. That I understand. But why? Doesn't the game itself use a 32mb save? Because I can place that as an option in the AK2i menu. The correlation isn't working out, only unless the game DOESN'T use 32mbit. Does it or does it not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k