DS #3991: PDC World Championship Darts (USA)

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Why has no one commented on this game yet? Come on people, lets all support a "sport" that fat people can be good at too!

Now to anyone that likes to complain about shovelware, this is the game for you. A poorly designed and implemented game with very little positive aspects or depth, that solely relies on it's name to sell it. This game has the lot.

The presentation is adequate, in that it's functional, and comprises of menu after boring menu. The graphics are poor even for DS standards, and the animations are effectively a graphical representation of a famous darts player, throwing a dart with as few animation frames as possible. When Phil Manley throws the darts, I want to see his man-boobs wobble and the layers fat to continue to resonate two minutes later, like it does in real life.

The sound is what you'd expect, "THUNK!", but it does have commentary, however I think there is a bug in the game. Even though I selected English, the commentary was in a foreign language. I've looked it up and apparently it's a very basic form of communication, still used in some parts of the UK, called Mancunian.

Personally if your going to have commentary then use posh people, although in fairness, posh people can't understand any games that don't involve horses and/or Land Rovers. They also like marrying their cousins. That has nothing to do with this game but I thought it was necessary to mention.

The game itself is where this could all be saved, but my God it's limited. I'm not talking about the options, because there are plenty. There are Exhibition matches, Tournaments and Career modes. There are even Party modes like Killer , Cricket and 21 for up to four players, but it doesn't matter because the actually mechanics of the dart throwing is so underwhelming. Throwing the darts are far too easy, and it's only in the final stages of the game that it becomes difficult. The darts game in 42 All-time Classics is better than this.

The point I'm getting at is that if you DON'T like darts than your not going to like this, and if you DO like darts then for the love of God, get a life and watch an interesting sport. I mean come on, fat men and ugly women chucking tiny arrows at cork just isn't impressive.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey I love chucking fat, ugly women...wait, what did you say? Oooohhh...
blink.gif

...I liked Sega's darts game though the controls got all weird on my late in the game (I think my DS just needed to be re-calibrated and/or cleaned) so I quit playing it. Maybe I'll give this one a go or blow the dust off my Sega darts SAV file and retry that one.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Go with Sega Touch Darts again.

The only good thing about this PDC one is that you have the real players and that there are tons of different play modes, but unfortunately the controls spoil all that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT