XP
Country
United States
phatdade69 said:
blu9987 said:
for those who don't know what to use with ppf files
use ppf-o-matic

smile.gif

I disagree. I used PPFOM and it completely crashed No$ upon trying to load the "patched" version.

i was saying what program to use with ppf files (for those not google inclined), not my fault the ppf file with the rom is bodgy.

Kniteshade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wanted to confirm, patch (the one with the .bat and .exe files) + clean Chrono Trigger ROM works fine on my N-Card clone. Haven't seen any stop signs yet. Currently just went back in time and Lucca is filling me in on what's happening. : )

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
unz said:
crescentsaber said:
Anyone from Australia here knows when its gonna be released here ?! I'm friggin impatient to just grab my FIRST EVER legit DS game and they keep delaying it...! I might not want to buy it by the time its released ! T.T
Edit - Next year

... N..N..NEXT YEAR ?! I mean, EARLY next year as in 2nd of Jan or something ? Links to articles about this would be helpful ?

cheekmac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
... N..N..NEXT YEAR ?! I mean, EARLY next year as in 2nd of Jan or something ? Links to articles about this would be helpful ?
They weren't specific about exactly when in 2009, just "early 2009". Apparently there was a press release on Wednesday. Check out the post on the Wired blog here. Sorry you have to wait so long! Is importing the US release not an option for you?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
urg, for those of you pulling your hair out over the patch, just use the cheat in the cheat DB with that Japanese ROM, its practically identical apart from including Japanese as well as English. either that or buy a card that has released an updated firmware.

If the is absolutely no difference as I suspect I don't see any point what so ever to switch. the was just not enough time between the jap release and the usa release for them to add more features or different translations.

edit: it seems that narin has updated the cheat DB to support the usa release too.... so you can use the cheat with the usa rom too now

edit again: the cheat db can be downloaded from cheats.gbatemp.net before anyone asks....

akodinito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
DeMoN said:
Is there some point where the game will stop working? Because so far it's been playing good on my CycloDS without any cheats or patches.
When you enter the Portal in the Millenial Fair it should go on an infinite loop and never end.
Another check happens when you play the Organ in the Monastery (the door won't appear).

Tried it on my AK 2.1 with the latest firmware and didn't experience the infinite loop when entering the Portal at the Millenial Fair.
Haven't tried the organ in the Monastery yet.

shiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to (sadly) confirm that there is no possible solution for me on the M3 Real yet. I tried the ppf, adding (Narins updated) cheats manually, DSATM, clean rom, sakura, original firmware, defragging the sd card, formatting it with FAT16 and 32, savegames from other cards, arm7 patch, dancing on the grave of jim morrison, sacrificing young virgins (ok, i lied about the last one, but its on the list) to NO avail. It alternates between hanging at the portal or not starting at all.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiv said:
I just want to (sadly) confirm that there is no possible solution for me on the M3 Real yet. I tried the ppf, adding (Narins updated) cheats manually, DSATM, clean rom, sakura, original firmware, defragging the sd card, formatting it with FAT16 and 32, savegames from other cards, arm7 patch, dancing on the grave of jim morrison, sacrificing young virgins (ok, i lied about the last one, but its on the list) to NO avail. It alternates between hanging at the portal or not starting at all.
narin just updated his db which contains new piracy fix
try that

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANOTHER SOURCE THAT PARTS OF THE ORIGINAL GAME ARE MISSING WHEN YOU´RE NOT PLAYING THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGE!!!!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shiv said:
I use Sakura 1.12+1 with a clean, unpatched ROM, and Narin's cheat file. I didn't add the copy protection cheat manually, I just downloaded the latest cheat file after Narin had already added it himself.

Working perfectly for me. I've already finished the game and gotten 4 different endings.

*EDIT*
Content removed. Reply to trashed post

*EDIT2*
Whoops, I forgot to mention that I'm talking about the Japanese ROM. I don't see what the big deal is about having to have the US version if the Japanese one already has English in it.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingkong said:
IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANOTHER SOURCE THAT PARTS OF THE ORIGINAL GAME ARE MISSING WHEN YOU´RE NOT PLAYING THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGE!!!!
the feezy you talking about son?

i like to confirm that it works with my r4 v 1.18 (the latest version)

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
cheekmac said:
QUOTE said:
They weren't specific about exactly when in 2009, just "early 2009". Apparently there was a press release on Wednesday. Check out the post on the Wired blog here. Sorry you have to wait so long! Is importing the US release not an option for you?

Yeah I guess I will have to import a copy from PlayAsia or something... even then I will only get it a day before Xmas ( thats what the estimate says ) and if there are delays that means I will get it early 2009 ( which will means I have imported a game for nothing ) - I'm in a dilemma and on top of that I just got a $150 speeding ticket !!! T.T

A copy of Chrono Trigger will make my life so so so much brighter =) and BTW what the hell with the last 4 posts above me.. all removed by mod ? LOL xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...