DS #2163: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Japan)

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story so far is pretty generic. I've never really played Ninja Gaiden, but I bet it's probably pretty close to past stories.

Either way, the game is all about the action. If I wasn't still working on becoming completely fluent in Japanese, I'd be skipping the dialogue.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Kamiyama said:
Now my life is almost complete! Only need Ninja Gaiden 2 to fill last hole on me.

That don't sound so good...
lecture.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the girl disappears and I start again as Ryu... where do you go? I went into EVERY door, but there are dead ends on both sides? How do you get passed the large boulder under the waterfall... or is there another exit? I'm on Chapter 3.

Extremis

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
End of Chapter 3 Help
SpoilerBelow :

CODEFind muramasa and wake him up..he will giv u a Inazuma ninpo to break the boulders..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
Hmmm...Maybe I'll just try this one out, not play a lot, then wait for the US release....

laugh.gif

Yeah, that's what I said, but now I'm almost finished with the game. That's okay, though, because I'll still play through the English version about 20 times.
grog.gif

I want to try -- though I have little hope of actually doing so -- to not play through to the very end. The story seems really good, mostly due to the beautiful presentation, and I'd love to not ruin everything for myself.

Fun as all hell game though. You kind of get into a rhythm later on in the game, and though the difficulty is probably nowhere near a console Gaiden game, the action feels very much like an authentic Gaiden game -- a ton of attacks, guard/roll, rinse & repeat. You get to play ninja, and that's all I ask for.

Dragon Sword...my precious...!
wub.gif

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Batman55 said:
I keep dying at the second boss with one eye and no legs... Is there a trick to beating him?

Just keep running around and slash him/her/it a few times on its back.. don't overdo it coz it will sound turn around to hit you.. go away and keep running again in circles till you can get to its back and hit him/her/it again.. eventually, when you've got about 1/3 of its health left, use your yellow magix to hit it as many times as possible and finish it off!

At least, that's what I did...

The game's presentation is really nice

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After you defeat the Chapter 4 boss, and you get back in the village what do you do? A small kid came crying and told me something (I don't know what) and now I don't know where to go....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
After you defeat the Chapter 4 boss, and you get back in the village what do you do? A small kid came crying and told me something (I don't know what) and now I don't know where to go....

I don't remember the exact progression, but I believe that's the chapter where you have to:

Go back down the well at the end of the village, fight some baddies, make your way to the other, lower exit of the cavern (as if you were going back to where Momiji begins in the first chapter), and then go right at the exit of the cavern. There, in that culdesac, you'll encounter some new enemies and save the kids.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
DespizingU said:
Hmmm...Maybe I'll just try this one out, not play a lot, then wait for the US release....

laugh.gif

Yeah, that's what I said, but now I'm almost finished with the game. That's okay, though, because I'll still play through the English version about 20 times.
grog.gif

Yeah, actually I started it last night. I played up to the boss in Chapter 2 then quit. Seeing as it looks like the Chapter 2 boss is...
the same as in the demo

I stopped because I was getting pretty hooked on it, but I got the sense it's a short game. So I didn't want to beat it in one sitting. Plus I thought the US version would be out today. But seeing as it's not it probably won't be dumped until next week.

But anyways, it seems like an awesome game so far. I'm gonna pick it back up today and probably finish it. Then finish it again on the US version, then play through all the harder difficulties.

But you're right. This is definitely not like the console Gaidens. Although the action is fun, and the presentation is great. I just hope more moves are learned, and more weapons are obtained like the console ones. The Izuna Drop was getting a little repetitive in that 2nd chapter. The Drops weren't as easy to pull off in Black. So some new moves would definitely be nice. But oh well...

So far it's a kick ass game. I beat Black in every difficulty but Master Ninja. So I think when I'm done with this I'm gonna pick it back up and give that difficulty a go.
smile.gif
Hopefully the other difficulties get MUCH harder in Dragon Sword.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to use the other 2 moves? Like the first one is Izuna Drop, but what are the other two because I bought them and don't know how to use them.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
Does anyone know how to use the other 2 moves? Like the first one is Izuna Drop, but what are the other two because I bought them and don't know how to use them.

unsure.gif
In the same boat. Not sure, though.

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
wow this game is excellent, but palying it in japanese is too annoying - i'm getting stuck too many times!

Can anyone tell me what you should do after receiving the lightning scroll? I destroyed the boulder and entered the room, where i found a tiny firefly thing whizzing around. I slashed it and got a wooden square of sorts ( ? ). There's nothing else in the room. Also, I don't know why I can't simply proceed past the gate (where muramasa is).

hello3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bunnybreaker said:
irpacynot said:
Kinda stuck in the third chapter. Anyone know how to proceed? I'm guessing I need the lightning ninpo to pass those boulders, but not sure how to obtain it.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat, if you figure it out, please post here. I'm sure I've spoken to everyone multiple times and been round the map a few times too, I've got no idea what to do.

You have to go hit a man (remember the man who gave u the ninpo?) RED) with 4 sign thing.He is on a bridge. U have to do some karate moves LOL. He'll wake up and u have to go buy it from him. Not a lot only about 500 or 1000 or 2000 I forgot.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn´t this game supposed to be released on 25th. March in the USA?
So...are we going to see another early Release from an awesome Group?
In any case,I hope so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/s/krJxQISLGK