DS #1584: Spanish for Everyone (USA)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't there one of those from Ubisoft too?

Bueno, pienso que és mejor eso que más juegos de perros, gatitos y caballitos.. OMG! IT WORKS!

Monosyllabic words are not graphically accented, unless it's a diacritic accent
wink.gif

Whenever one of this games in Spanish is dumped, I feel a little bit ashamed of myself. Don't ask me why, but when I hear (or read, more precisely) everyone "speaking in Spanish", I blush. I don't know what kind of concept the world holds of my language...
shy.gif

Well, nevermind. I'm actually looking forward for French for Everyone. I have a really high level of French (if you know what I'm talking about, I passed the DELF A6 exam from the Alliance Française when I was 14), but it's became rusty over the years. I already have Who wants to be a millionare? in French... the DS's great for language practice!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't imagine this selling very well, most English speakers think speaking another language just means speaking English very slowly and loudly while pointing a lot.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol.
And about the rosetta stone post, I totally agree. Or maybe even for Wii. A Wii game with Spanish, french, english, german, japanese, chinese, etc, would be so awesome. Or even if it were a game per language, for more depth.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, Spanish is good, as I haven't great knowledge on it (well, I do speak Portuguese, so it is similar).

I wanted French. After three years of getting consecutive A's at it, I don't take it anymore and wanted to brush up on it.
tongue.gif

Japanese would be ze coolest.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador

Bueno, pienso que és mejor eso que más juegos de perros, gatitos y caballitos.. OMG! IT WORKS!

wink.gif

Whenever one of this games in Spanish is dumped, I feel a little bit ashamed of myself. Don't ask me why, but when I hear (or read, more precisely) everyone "speaking in Spanish", I blush. I don't know what kind of concept the world holds of my language...
shy.gif

Well, nevermind. I'm actually looking forward for French for Everyone. I have a really high level of French (if you know what I'm talking about, I passed the DELF A6 exam from the Alliance Française when I was 14), but it's became rusty over the years. I already have Who wants to be a millionare? in French... the DS's great for language practice!

Actually I think some monosyllabic words do carry accents, for example "mas" when talking about quantity (like the word more in english)) does have an accent so the "mas" there is correct. Monosyllabic pronouns also have accents and there are some other rules here and there as well like "Si" in some cases. Maybe that's what you mean by diacritic?

TobiSham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Spain
[/quote]

Actually I think some monosyllabic words do carry accents, for example "mas" when talking about quantity (like the word more in english)) does have an accent so the "mas" there is correct. Monosyllabic pronouns also have accents and there are some other rules here and there as well like "Si" in some cases. Maybe that's what you mean by diacritic?

[/quote]

You're right, he's talking about written accent too; several words in spanish, monosyllabic or not, carry written accent to differenciate it's meaning. Another example: quien > whoever, quién > who

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country

wink.gif

shy.gif

Yes.
Diacritic means "to make a difference" on the short.
Thus the fact that "tu" may sometimes carry an accent. That is to differenciate between "Tú" (you) and the possessive "tu" (your).
Also with el (the for masc.) and él (he). And so on.

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A french version would be better. At least for me =/

I'm Portuguese so I can unserstand spanish without many problems, but french... Anyway, this kind of games at least can change some people's minds who believes that games can't be a good way of learning.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of Spanish speakers!!!!!!!!!. They are from Europe, but still!!!!

On a side note, I too was born in Spain and raised in Bolivia. Don't really know if I can get my citizenship now thou.

On Topic: Is it any good?, some one better answer me in Spanish to prove it.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Sí, es la leche.
En realidad ni lo he probado, porque total... como es normal sé mejor español que inlgés XD
Y BoneMonkey, en España nunca hemos tenido chupacabras. Eso sobre todo en países de latinoamérica (let the lagman come and tell us about the magnificent and yet unreal chupacabras, the goat sucker ROAR).
What the...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL