Driver Blunder

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by WeeBabyDoll, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010

Driver Blunder by WeeBabyDoll at 5:05 PM (784 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

Member WeeBabyDoll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Right, I really feel like putting my head through the screen of either my laptop...my tv...anything. Nothing in my house works the way it is ment to and it's driving me daft.

Right, about 2 weeks ago I downloaded drivermax to update some of my drivers. Anyway, I updated a few drivers including ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. Since then my laptop randomly crashes especially when I try to watch videos. And when it crashes I have to switch it on and off again because absolutly nothing is responding. I was also getting alot of message saying scripts weren't responding.
    So I was told by someone to do a system restore or roll back my drivers. I did a system restore but could only restore to the day after I had installed the updated drivers. Then I rolled back the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. Now I can't play pogo games, although the crashing seems to have stopped. I click on the game room I want to go into, the window comes up, but I dont actually get into the room.
    I posted on the tech guys forums about the problem, and they told me to go to ATI and download the driver from their. I have no idea about graphic drivers etc, and downloaded one of the catalyst suites, which wouldn't install. This error message came up

Cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.
    The version of your graphics adapter is not supported.

These were the specs I entered -

Type of system - Notebook graphics (not sure if it was right option...please correct me if I am wrong)
    Select the product family your product belongs to - Mobility Radeon Series (again, if the first one was wrong maybe this one is too)
    Select your product - Mobility Radeon HD 3xxx series
    Select the supported operating system that you have - Windows 7 64bit

So then I tried the intergrated motherboard graphics option under the type of system. I installed ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.6 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit) on the black page, seemed to install okay and pogo still wont let me play. So now the person who was helping me has buggered of after reading my message and has somewhat left me in the lurch.
    My laptop is Toshiba Satellite L450D-128 with windows 7 64bit.

2. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    usually for graphics drivers you have to go the makers website, in your case toshiba's.

3. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Are you certain that's the model number? I'm at their site and it doesn't recognize it.

4. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

United Kingdom
  5. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    found it, click here for the driver page

edit*, yes dipslay driver, just make sure you choose 32bit or 64bit depending on windows

6. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

United Kingdom
    Installed the driver, but for some reason still can't play pogo on either firefox or IE. Is there a way to check the driver installed correctly? Could it be another problem besides the driver?

Wait, it's working now. Thanks guys for all your help [​IMG]

7. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

United Kingdom
    Installed the driver fine, but I keep getting this error message -

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://flashblock/content/flashblock.xml:192