Drivekey and soft mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by adrianbex, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

Drivekey and soft mod by adrianbex at 8:43 PM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. adrianbex
    OP

Newcomer adrianbex Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, i have just bought a wii for the kids for xmas. I am getting a drivekey fitted by gamesconsoleworld(anyone had any dealings with them. They said they will put the softmod on for me as well for free. Is this worth doing, what will the benefits be apart from the what the drivekey does. Will it interfere with the drivekey? Just dont want the kids to ba able to brick it or messing it up somehow. Any replies would be great. Thanks in in advance [​IMG]

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    It can be usefull for newer games to work, and/or if you happend to use out of region games, leave the softmod installed, just don't:

A)Leave the SD card inserted if you don't want your kids to mess around with dangerous apps
    B)Leave any DANGEROUS app inside the SD if you leave the SD card inserted

Softmod and Hardmod don't interfere with each other, and if you have an HDD or USB drive pen laying around with no use, you better check the USB loader app, it can be really usefull to check if a game is worth burning on a DVD or if it can be displayed o your TV (for out of region games)...!! [​IMG]

3. adrianbex
    OP

Newcomer adrianbex Member

United Kingdom
    Hi thanks for that. Have you any useful instructions as i am a complete noobie to the wii?
    Cheers [​IMG]

4. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States