Drinking problem

joyoshi

ICUP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My dad has had a drinking problem for a while now. My family got him into rehab, and it seemed to have worked, but recently he's been drinking again. He always gets super-angry, and denies everything, even going as far as saying he didn't drink even if an alcohol testing thing shows he did. I really need some help, it's affecting me and my family in a bad way.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad has had a drinking problem for a while now. My family got him into rehab, and it seemed to have worked, but recently he's been drinking again. He always gets super-angry, and denies everything, even going as far as saying he didn't drink even if an alcohol testing thing shows he did. I really need some help, it's affecting me and my family in a bad way.

I can't personally comment but IMO his aggression has nothing to do with the drinking,nice people are nice whether drunk or sober. Maybe when he is sober he just suppresses his anger and since drinking lowers inhibition the true him comes out. My parents don't drink or do drugs but personally I think if he makes a lot of money and he is a good man that takes care of his family,I personally can't say I would be bothered if my dad was an alcoholic as long as he brings home a high income and keeps the families living standard up. Anyways,that is just my opinion and I wish you the best of luck.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Interventions can be a powerful tool to properly face addiction. Even with rehab and meetings, some addicts still refuse they have a problem. It does sound like he have a problem admitting that he's an alcoholic.

Just my two cents - I used to have a drinking problem in my late teens, until only a couple years ago. Nearly destroyed my life, and I was the only one to blame for it. However - I understand, have seen and have been in the situation. Addicts find it hard to admit they have a problem. I didn't have an intervention as such, but it was only when I basically hit rock-bottom is when I did something.

Your father needs to realise that he needs to face his problem or he'll lose a lot more than just your respect.

I can't personally comment but IMO his aggression has nothing to do with the drinking,nice people are nice whether drunk or sober. Maybe when he is sober he just suppresses his anger and since drinking lowers inhibition the true him comes out. My parents don't drink or do drugs but personally I think if he makes a lot of money and he is a good man that takes care of his family,I personally can't say I would be bothered if my dad was an alcoholic as long as he brings home a high income and keeps the families living standard up. Anyways,that is just my opinion and I wish you the best of luck.

That is bad advice. It is not okay to be aggressive or violent as long as somebody makes money. My father worked a lot and kept our standards of living up, but I still resent him for having almost nothing to do with my life. Money does not make a happy family.

Last edited by G0R3Z,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Totally wrong. Alcohol has different effects on different people.
For some it doesn't do much (I just get a little happier for instance), but for others (my father and sister) it changes their personality SO much.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interventions can be a powerful tool to properly face addiction. Even with rehab and meetings, some addicts still refuse they have a problem. It does sound like he have a problem admitting that he's an alcoholic.

Just my two cents - I used to have a drinking problem in my late teens, until only a couple years ago. Nearly destroyed my life, and I was the only one to blame for it. However - I understand, have seen and have been in the situation. Addicts find it hard to admit they have a problem. I didn't have an intervention as such, but it was only when I basically hit rock-bottom is when I did something.

Your father needs to realise that he needs to face his problem or he'll lose a lot more than just your respect.

That is bad advice. It is not okay to be aggressive or violent as long as somebody makes money. My father worked a lot and kept our standards of living up, but I still resent him for having almost nothing to do with my life. Money does not make a happy family.

I meant IMO drinking isn't a problem as long as he doesn't get violent.The more money you make the more stressors you face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...