Dreamcast bootloader for non-mil oct 2000

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by MelonSmasher, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MelonSmasher
    OP

MelonSmasher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Heey guys,

Since it seemed to be that there was no bootloader for non mil dreamcasts. you know those for dreamcasts that are made in october/december 2000. To bad, there was only a tutorial to make a custum booddisk , but it was pretty hard to do it and no body posted it before on the internet.

So special for you guys i screwed around for some couple hours, and made this bootdisk for non mill dreamcast.(and formyself cuz i have one myself xd [​IMG] )

note:
    how to use, use disc juggler or imgburn to burn the cdi file to a cd and enjoy your backups.

credits:
    the guys who made the first tutorial

link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/149741647/BOOTCD.ISO.html

I hope you guys like it
    grtz,
    melonsmasher

2. kai445

kai445 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    BootDreams is capable of making Data/Data selfboot CDs that will boot on non-mil dreamcasts. (Data/Data works on all dreamcasts, Audio/Data works on all Dreamcasts made before Nov 2000).

3. mdlmemorybank

mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2008
    United States
    this sounds great (runs off to go try it out)

4. mdlmemorybank

mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2008
    United States
    (after 4 burnt disks)T.T hmm cant seem to get it to work,Im using ImgBurn at a burn speed of 2.4X and I Tried it at 4X but it just reads it still as a Audio CD.
    you see I would find this helpful because I have 3 Dreamcasts that all read burnt games but I have one more that is a non-mil Dreamcast, so being able to use my already burnt games on it would be nice [​IMG]
    So if any one can help me out that would be great

5. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Oh, will need to check this out. I have an old Dreamcast sitting in a cupboard that I never got even started with (don't even know the batch).

Thanks for the cd [​IMG]