Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
6470024241_14c8c23469.jpg
VS
wii03.jpg

I was at Toys R Us the other day when something caught my eye...A box that looked almost exactly like the UDraw from THQ, only it wasn't.

It seems that Ubisoft has gone and released their own drawing tablet for the Wii, which I assume will not be compatible with any of the THQ UDraw software and most likely only work with Ubisoft developed "Drawsome Games".

To me this seems like an obvious and blatant rip off of the UDraw Game Tablet and I would like to know what your thoughts are on it.

Edit: Feature Information from Amazon.com:
  • Tablet and 2 Games for $59.99 (suggested retail price)!
  • Large 8.5inch Screen is the biggest creative drawing screen on the market.
  • Transparency layer for tracing your favorite images.
  • Wireless stylus for unrestricted movement.
  • Play with The Smurfs in the Drawsome Artist game!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do tell how else would you create a tablet for the Wii if not by connecting a tablet to a Wiimote?

Situation's similar to Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band Guitar. It's a guitar, it ain't gonna look groundbreaking.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my thoughts? who cares.

both are pretty useless apart from cheap games and stuff that works better with a pen and paper anyways.

there have been tablets way before the wii, so i dont know if you can really call one a ripoff of the other

if at all, its the basic design of having the wiimote stuck to the left of the board and not having it dangle like when you use the classic controller, but really, thats just not worth thinking about

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't be hard on him - it is a *new* game and a *new* peripheral for the Wii no matter how you look at it, so it's worth mentioning.

If people can post news about cloning Ice Age animals or politicians going to jail then he can post news about something *actually* related to the gaming world.

Reactions: 4 people

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never thought of the price. LOL i forget about that i found the udraw tablet at gamestop for 40 bucks used.so i wonder what is the price differecne is.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the usable drawing area is about 2 inches larger on the drawsome and I also read that you can place pictures either under or on top to trace(Not exactly sure how it works). Also I didn't look at the price in the store but I found it on online for an average price of $59.99 which is either $10 more, the same price or $20 cheaper than the udraw depending on where you buy it, etc.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see i'll have to tell my step aunt about this to get for my cousin's maybe...

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too bad you can't see what you're drawing in the tablet, Wii U will be much better for thoses games.
But this can be nice for people who like that and don't want to wait.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a used Udraw on craigslist for $20 for the child. There's only about 8 games for the Udraw and that came out last year and with Ubisoft's history of shovelware I'm wondering how long it will take for this to end up in the clearance section at biglots...lol.

D

Deleted_171835

Don't be hard on him - it is a *new* game and a *new* peripheral for the Wii no matter how you look at it, so it's worth mentioning.

If people can post news about cloning Ice Age animals or politicians going to jail then he can post news about something *actually* related to the gaming world.
Except that this isn't actually news.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1