ROM Hack Question Dragon Quest XI S Save conversion

Niko_of_Death

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to be testing this as soon as I see a good sale for DQ XI S on Steam (already got my saves extracted from the switch). I have one question: In what order do you run the bms scripts that are available? Do you run the decrypt script and then the conversion script?
run the decrypt script, run the conversion script, then run the decrypt script again (edit it to change it from decryption to encryption)

Reactions: soniczx123

AhrenK76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run the decrypt script, run the conversion script, then run the decrypt script again (edit it to change it from decryption to encryption)
Hello, I am a little late to the game here, but I am havving an issue with getting this to work.

I am attempting to go from the Switch to the PC/Gamepass version.
I ran the decrypt script on all the sav files in my folder and that seems to have went well. But whenever I run the conversion sscript, I get this error:

Error: incomplete input file -10:
Can't read 1696978787 bytes from offset 00065aa0.
Anyway don't worry, it's possible that the BMS script has been written
to exit in this way if it's reached the end of the archive so check it
or contact its author or verify that all the files have been extracted.
Please check the following coverage information to know if it's ok.

coverage file -10 100% 416420 416416 . offset 00065aa0

Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
40 log MEMORY_FILE 0 SIZE TOC

- OFFSET 0x00000000
- SIZE 0x652c3203
coverage file 0 100% 416424 416424 . offset 00000008
coverage file -10 100% 416420 416416 . offset 00065aa0

I haven't modified the script, as I see it is already set for Switch to PC (0 option). Plus, I've also tried to edit the files by hand with a hex editor, but apparently I'm rubbish at it.

Any advice/troubleshooting would be appreciated!

franciscomoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I've the same issue than @AhrenK76.

I'm trying to use my Switch save into PC (gamepass)

I also tried to run the conversion script without decrypt my save and I can see the save file into Dragon Quest XI S, but when I load it, I get a blackscreen. In the other direction, converting a PC Gamepass file to Switch, it works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the conversion script working for gamepass or only for steam?

Thanks in advance @Niko_of_Death for your hard work investigating the savegame files!

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to convert the switch save to steam using the bms scripts with no problem, but I can't do the opposite, I can't convert from steam to switch, any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Nvm, I got it working by editing the flag in the first line of the bms script (open in a text editor)

Last edited by Asia81,

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Im sorry for the bump but im on my way to get this game installed on my switch, I have a save file on my pc, is it an issue migrating it into the Switch?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im sorry for the bump but im on my way to get this game installed on my switch, I have a save file on my pc, is it an issue migrating it into the Switch?
No I did it and the conversion work fine. be sure it's the s version on your pc and you're good.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
No I did it and the conversion work fine. be sure it's the s version on your pc and you're good.
My pc version is just the
I'm pretty sure the pc version I had was not the S, does this mean I cannot do it?

nicoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does anyone have the conversion script they can reup? It appears that zenhax has been nuked and the files can't be downloaded from the wayback machine archive of the site. Thanks

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone have the conversion script they can reup? It appears that zenhax has been nuked and the files can't be downloaded from the wayback machine archive of the site. Thanks
Luckily I still have a backup.
Also read my post , it could help you.

DQ11S Save Conversion.bms
DQ11S Save Decrypt-Encrypt.bms

Attachments

• Scripts.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: nicoDS

nicoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Luckily I still have a backup.
Also read my post , it could help you.

DQ11S Save Conversion.bms
DQ11S Save Decrypt-Encrypt.bms
Thanks for the reupload! The decryption script works but the conversion script throws an error of "the requested amount of bytes to allocate is negative" without spitting out a file. So far I've tried 3 different save files and none have managed to produce a converted file, any idea?

Edit: For future reference, the conversion script both decrypts and encrypts. No need to decrypt before hand. Much thanks to @Asia81 for reuping the files and helping me troubleshoot

Last edited by nicoDS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mario and Luigi's Bowsers inside Story