Gaming DQIX Help Thread

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, so bottom line is, I Just gotta keep on leveling up and I will get more things like Midheal and Crackle, two very important things here..I also dont have cattle prod, if I level up I get that as well right? I just need more HP, crackle, midheal, and cattle prod to beat this guy..thanks

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Hey there, so bottom line is, I Just gotta keep on leveling up and I will get more things like Midheal and Crackle, two very important things here..I also dont have cattle prod, if I level up I get that as well right? I just need more HP, crackle, midheal, and cattle prod to beat this guy..thanks
Why don't you get better weapons as well,I mean things like the bamboo lance are really weak.

PassiveFist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sort of a gameplay help question. I live in a rural place with nobody around to canvas for guests. However, I have 2 DSes and slot 1 devices. Anyone know of a quick way to get the 30 guests I need to unlock everything at the inn in Stronway?

GoldChico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if this is the right place to ask...

I'm using de Wood R4 1.11 and my Dragon Quest IX (clean rom) got 2 freezes, in the middle of a battle and when I was entering a dungeon's door

I just formated my micro SD and i'm downloading another clean rom to see what happens.

Got any idea???

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
What are the grottos and where are they? Being specific kind of helps.

Grottos are randomly generated dungeons found via treasure maps. You can get your first map by completing the quest near the top of Zere Rocks, Collapsus' Call or something like that. Bring him Special Medicine.

Bidoofguy said:
Is there an easy way to make money that doesn't involve battling? I mean, I can battle, but RPGs tend to have get-rich-quick schemes in them, which are always quite nice for getting some good equipment. Right now i'm in Bloomingdale.

Alchemy for profit. Check spoiler.
Head #35) Ear cosy
= Fur hood x 1 + Bunny tail x 1 + Lambswool x 1

Fur hood: Slurry Quay 550g
Bunny tail: Porth Llaffan 240g
Lambswool: Batsureg 180g
----
Total: 970g

Sell Ear cosy to NPC for: 1200g

Profit: 230g

Initial investment x99: 96030g
Profit x99: 22770g

Torso #7) Gold mail
= Silver mail x 1 + Gold ring x 1 + Gold bracer x 1

Silver mail: Bloomingdale 4000g
Gold ring: Porth Llaffan 220g
Gold Bracer: Porth Llaffan 350g
----
Total: 4570g

Sell Gold mail to NPC for: 4900g

Profit: 330g

Initial investment x99: 452430g
Profit x99: 32670g

Posts merged

FlashX007 said:
I just meant the specific location of moai minstrel. I don't know any location that has that grotto or what ever.

Start grinding treasure maps. Grottos are random and by default, finding Moai Minstrels will be random, probably around 100 quality minimum for maps. Map quality is generated when you get a map from a previous grotto, and is your highest hero level + the level of the map +- 10%, so if you have a level 50 character and beat a level 50 map, you now have a chance of finding a minstrel. My first one appeared at hero level 50 + map level 56.

Black ace said:
Does anyone know where to find/make the meteorite bracer

Mini medals, or alchemy: Gold bar x 1 + Agility ring x 2 + Lucida shard x 3

QUOTE(Lakerfanalways @ Jul 26 2010, 10:48 AM)

Cattle prod is a Spear vocational ability. You need 13 points.

QUOTE(PassiveFist @ Jul 27 2010, 05:22 PM)
This is sort of a gameplay help question. I live in a rural place with nobody around to canvas for guests. However, I have 2 DSes and slot 1 devices. Anyone know of a quick way to get the 30 guests I need to unlock everything at the inn in Stronway?

Use cheats or download [url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8B440UQL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8B440UQL[/url] and swap saves one at a time as you tag them. These saves are UNTESTED.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I got my 4 golden fruit/shine fruit and i got on a ship after i got the 4th fruit now i need to know where to go next with the ship to get my next golden fruit .

Thanks in advance

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you recruit people? yeah I'm a noob and this is my first time playing the Dragon Quest Series.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
Hi

I got my 4 golden fruit/shine fruit and i got on a ship after i got the 4th fruit now i need to know where to go next with the ship to get my next golden fruit .

Thanks in advance
head to gleeba
its in the desert on the south eastern side of the map

after that head to swinedimples academy which is located north of there in the snowy mountains

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When do you unlock Alchemy? It sounds like a great expansion, making the game much better by getting all that higher end equipment.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus alchemy is the only way to make 5 star equipment, but it's all based in luck. You get alchemy later in the game, it's part of the story so you can't miss it.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got it.
happy.gif
Now just to use my save editor so I can get rare ingredients......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself