loxolot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

My Acekard 2i is probably waiting at my doorstep as we speak (i'm on vacation). Just wondering how everyone was finding Dragon Quest IX on AKAIO 1.7 on their Acekards. I'm hoping the clean rom will work perfectly, but I've heard murmurs of lag on most carts.

Is this true? Lemme know what you have experienced so far.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AKAIO 1.7.1 should be out soon. Given that this game was released after AKAIO 1.7, I don't see that there can be any complaints if this game doesn't work 100%.

loxolot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tk_saturn You're the bomb, bro. You're all over this forum, and you're extremely helpful. Props.

BTW: When do you think we'll se 1.7.1

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have a beta which is being tested, and Smiths has come of hibernation and fixed the WiFi plugin. So Soon.

I know, I should have better things to do...

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So far the only problem i see is slowdown when you have 4 man party.....but is it flashcart problem or will the retail game have it as well?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get the clean rom then just apply the cheat from the Temp version of cheats.gbatemp.net. Get the one dated July 10th

It contains a cheat that patches the game to work so you can keep a clean version of the game.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
If you get the clean rom then just apply the cheat from the Temp version of cheats.gbatemp.net. Get the one dated July 10th

It contains a cheat that patches the game to work so you can keep a clean version of the game.
From what I have read in the DQ 9 thread at cheats.gbatemp forums, that code doesn't work and has been removed from the database.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/(nds)-...23367/#msg23367
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/%28nds...23322/#msg23322

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
doyama said:

From what I have read in the DQ 9 thread at cheats.gbatemp forums, that code doesn't work and has been removed from the database.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/(nds)-...23367/#msg23367
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/%28nds...23322/#msg23322
If that's so than you can also download the clean Bahamut release and patch it with the patch from this site. Find the DQIX spoiler and there should be a patch for Bahamut.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, as it's been patched it may not work with AKAIO 1.7.1 correctly if DQIX is included in the loaders. So get the clean release and if you can't wait for AKAIO 1.7.1, patch it.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenja said:
So far the only problem i see is slowdown when you have 4 man party.....but is it flashcart problem or will the retail game have it as well?
I was looking at the Giantbomb.com Quick Look of DQIX and the guy said he experienced slow-downs in his retail copy when he had a 4 player party and other 3D objects around like in town.

Linkmaster111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outrager said:
tenja said:
I was looking at the Giantbomb.com Quick Look of DQIX and the guy said he experienced slow-downs in his retail copy when he had a 4 player party and other 3D objects around like in town.

Yeah, I have the retail copy and their are slow downs with a 4 man team and other 3D objects all on screen at once.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Linkmaster111 said:
Outrager said:
tenja said:

Yeah, I have the retail copy and their are slow downs with a 4 man team and other 3D objects all on screen at once.
Brutal.

They had a full year to fix that since the Japan release and it's still there? Wow.... that being said, I'm still going to play the hell out of this game.
cool.gif

Ninja Kn1ght

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a few random crashes playing DQIX on my AceKard 2i with The Xenom version on both Akaio 1.6RC2 and 1.7. Sometimes I can play for hours just fine and other times it could crash after 10 minutes. I'm not sure if it's the ROM or my card although I haven't seen crashes on anything else. I might try a clean ROM to see if that helps. Is there any way to convert a save from the Xenom version of DQIX to work with a clean ROM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs