DQ IX : Tactical advices

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ritsuki, Jul 11, 2010.

Jul 11, 2010

DQ IX : Tactical advices by Ritsuki at 2:43 PM (1,395 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Ritsuki
    OP

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Hi,

So, just started DQIX a few days ago, just beat the Black Knight and now I'm in the village of the old nurse of the princess. I just need some advices on what team should I have, at what level.

For now, I have :

Hero, menestrel, lvl. 15, equipped with a sword and shield, 13 skill points on Sword, 9 on shield and 4 on Dexterity.

Male char., warrior, lvl. 12, equipped with a sword and shield, 11 skill points on Sword, and 9 on Bravery.

Male char., priest, lvl. 12, equipped with a rod and shield, 9 skill points on Rod, and 9 on Faith.

Here are some questions :

Commentaries about my skill points distribution ? Is it ok ?

Does skill points REALLY affects the game ? (I mean, can I lose against a boss, with a decent level, just because I messed up with skill points distribution ?)

Should I put skill points on Dexterity ? cause it looks pretty useless.

Should I take another member in my party ? 3 is ok, levelling is not too long but another character could boost my team up.

If I take another member, would a magician be useful ? I never use offensive magic.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. seahorsepip

Member seahorsepip GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    just use cheats and you will always win XD

3. quezcotl

Member quezcotl GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    a mage isnt just about "magic dmg" they can buff/debuff your party/enemy.

4. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    Ok, then I should add one in my party.

5. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Can't really help, but I guess this is a useful thread for me to ask for some advice as well. I've only just started off not fought the black knight quite yet. Kind of influenced by Nostalgia, I've gone for a classic combo of my main guy (minstrel, sword, shield, 9 sword points) a monk/martial artist (claws, 6 claw points), a female mage/wizard type (rod, 6 magic points, 3 rod points) and a female healer/priest (stick, 6 faith points). Is that a sensible enough starting point? Is it better to spread your points out a bit? Only done that on my mage, because the +10 MP for having a wand equipped seemed pretty useful, even though I wanted to focus on magic.

6. quezcotl

Member quezcotl GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    You can buy "mana potions" which gives you 30 mp, quite cheaply further in.
    so extra mana isnt needed yet....

7. Kontrast

Kontrast Newbie

Okay... here we go.
    Your classes are fine. Though you might as well add another character. A mage wouldn't hurt because they're quicker than most classes, can do good damage, as well as buffs/debuffs. Do whatever.
    Skill points matter as far as seeing a skill you want to use and getting it. As long as you make use of what you get, then there shouldn't be any problems at all with what you pick. You'll be able to change classes at the dharma shinden (or whatever wacky name they gave it in the translation...) later on anyways, which means more skill points that can be used. They also don't need to be spent on the class you're using, so you can collect some in one class and improve/fix the one you want to use with those points. There's a couple skills that make things easier towards the end but you can't really mess up. Just use some common sense and do what you think is cool.

8. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    when u change class do you get the points back to spend in the new class?

9. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    No, you don't.

BUT-if you level up in one class and save your points, don't spend them, you can switch classes and spend the points in the new class.

10. sudeki300

Member sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    which cheats are you talking about, making them with dstwo or using a dat file..................sudeki300

11. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    I've switched my mage to mage knight but I don't know if I should give her a bow or a sword ...

12. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    IMO (although didn't got that class yet) you should go with a bow since you can place the mage knight in the back row and do the same damage and avoid getting more hits.

13. Jugo

Newcomer Jugo Advanced Member

United States
    If you get you main to lvl99 paladin and get the max points for the job can you switch jobs and go lvl1 and keep getting points? If you can can you max out all your weapon skills?

14. Ritsuki
    OP

Switzerland
    I did not totally understand but I think you mean if you can keep skill points earned with a job and spend them on another job ? If it's your question, then yes you can. By examble, you are a lvl 99 paladin but your shield skill is only 50, you can switch to warrior lvl 1, earn 50 skill points, switch back to paladin, and put those points on sheild skill.

15. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States