Hacking DPG Conversion Problems

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 2,324
  • Replies 10
P

pasc

OP
I got some problems with my DPG Encoders, Batch DPG, Ezbuilder and the original dpg encoder all got the same problem:

they encode video, but not sound and output a error.

I installed the Codec pack in fast's sig and the stormcodec but no success.

Any Idea what may be missing

P

pasc

OP
Thing is... it works for me (DPG Tools) but the other ones don't and they used to work before I formated my PC.

No one with a hightech (audio ?) codec pack to help me out ?

Like I said it now converts video fine but sound still doesn't work (except for DPGTools).

Thanks in advance.

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use Super  (http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html)(Yes, I know they have a horrendous website, and the software looks even worse; scroll to the bottom and click download super setup file). Install it, lauch the prog and right click. Change the output folder to whatever, and then choose nintendo DS from the container dropdown. Drag the video to be encoded into the bit at the bottom and click encode.

Voila! It's ugly, but it always works.

P

pasc

OP
sorry to dig out this thread again, but I really wanna convert a movie and got no converter which was able to do it.

I use the official one that came with Moonshell 171, didn't work. Firons Batchdpg, meep, nada.

And Ghosts 144 Batchdpg, nope again.

They all phail in converting the sound, seems my PC has problems with that.

Any ideas ?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just install SUPER and be done wiht it

since you can't seem to figure out which audio codec you need to install, download gspot and use it to inspect the source file
it'll tell you exactly what codecs you need to install

or just use SUPER and don't worry about any of that

P

pasc

OP
Tikker said:
just install SUPER and be done wiht it

since you can't seem to figure out which audio codec you need to install, download gspot and use it to inspect the source file
it'll tell you exactly what codecs you need to install

or just use SUPER and don't worry about any of that
super is not an option due to low quality, thx for that anyway, I'll try analyzing with g-spot.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can crank up the specs on the encode if you want

I think batchdpg does a better job, but super produces a very watchable video

P

pasc

OP
ok, I solved it now, by:

1. uninstalling any previous installed codecs from my pc
2. installing Storm Codec
3. Using either the newest Moonshel 171 Converter OR BatchDPG 1.3 beta 4 (since the newest versions sometimes won't work properly) to convert every movie/clip I can watch myself on WMP.

Hope that helps others to solve their problems.

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
pasc said:
ok, I solved it now, by:

1. uninstalling any previous installed codecs from my pc
2. installing Storm Codec
3. Using either the newest Moonshel 171 Converter OR BatchDPG 1.3 beta 4 (since the newest versions sometimes won't work properly) to convert every movie/clip I can watch myself on WMP.

Hope that helps others to solve their problems.

What is the Storm codec and where can I get it? I get PC errors when using BatchDPG about 5 seconds into the encode: "Conversion failed. Open "D:\....\movie.vob".avs' in a media player and take note of the error message."
The .avs file is 1KB in size and Window Media Player starts playing the whole movie as if it were successfully encoded. (In which case I must have the fastest machine in the world x 10 and the best video compression ever (a full 90minute move in 1KB??!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.avs is just a script file that tells avisynth how to operate with the source video, and what you want it to do

sounds like you're missing one of the pre-requisite files

just get SUPER and use that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...