Homebrew Download station question

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the Download Station store after I downloaded the demo which is Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. The demo remain on the DS until the power is turned off. That's way I can dump the demo if my demo remain on the DS and the power is not turned off but how would I get the files off the DS and onto my computer? I have R4DS, you know.

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don't. When using DL play the downloaded data never touched the R4 (or any other cartridge you may have). Demos are either ripped from the cartridges from which they run (behind locked cabinets at the store you were just at) or sniffed over the wireless connection during the download (you'd look pretty suspicious sitting by the DL station with your laptop and your DS open). You can go ahead and play that demo as long as you want though... just remember to keep your DS plugged in and never turn it off.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then how does someone able to rip demo games like DS Download Station Demos Vol6 Uncompressed or Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis KIOSK or something like that ? I do not understand.

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. Somebody who has access to said locked cabinet mentioned above, or someone with the knowhow/opportunity to sniff the wireless transfer (possibly doing so at home AFTER ripping the compressed station locked in the cabinet).

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Then how does someone able to rip demo games like DS Download Station Demos Vol6 Uncompressed or Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis KIOSK or something like that ? I do not understand.

Kiosk demos aren't the same as Uncompressed Download Staion Demos.

Kiosk demos are like those Brain Training DSs that run a demo copy of Brain training. There's one game on the cart, and you can dump that cart.

Uncompressed DS Download station demos are exactly what they sound like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: