Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 840,678
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
option 1 - select the app icon in the home menu and run it
option 2 - run an exploitable game, run homebrew launcher, run the app

Yeah, your opinion makes a lot of sense.
you forgot some steps... unless ofc you use menuhax autoboot

open app that's your entrypoint for your CFW > launch CFW > start app on homemenu

start entrypoint app > launch homebrew menu > start app

;) I will agree that menuhax makes it more convenient for CIAs though... also not every app has a CIA

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can XORPAD files be used from any game to make into a .CIA file? Such as:
Smash 4 XORPADs with MK7? Will it work...?

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Considering all the great new features and functionality this program has reached, maybe it's time to rebrand the app to DecryptJa. Sounds more positive, i think.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering all the great new features and functionality this program has reached, maybe it's time to rebrand the app to DecryptJa. Sounds more positive, i think.
What is that supposed to mean?
You wouldn't understand if you're not german :D. English 'nine' sounds like german 'nein' (which means 'no'). 'Ja' is the german word for 'yes'.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info @d0k3
What the others here have said about the FTP server. If it was as simple as just copying over ftBronys code I'd do it, but in fact it is near impossible because I have no access to ctrulib from ARM9, meaning no access to the Wifi service. Plus an FTP server is probably more complex than you think - just take a look at ftBronys source code or think about smeas own failed ftPony attempt (and both have proper ctrulib access). I'm currently thinking about letting the user choose input/output names for files/folders, which should make things easier, though.
It's really not that bad with the current setup. I can cold boot into CFW in under 25 seconds, and Decrypt9 in under 15 so it's not at all bad really.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slightly off-topic, but I've been taking a look at the uncart source and been trying to run it. Now, I wonder - does this thing work anymore on Brahma 2 / *hax 2.5? I tried dumping one cart (from Sky3DS, but that should work nonetheless), but it didn't work at all.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Slightly off-topic, but I've been taking a look at the uncart source and been trying to run it. Now, I wonder - does this thing work anymore on Brahma 2 / *hax 2.5? I tried dumping one cart (from Sky3DS, but that should work nonetheless), but it didn't work at all.
It should work fine on *hax 2.5... It WON'T however work with sky3ds, never has for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?