Hacking Downgrading from 13

HankLibre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry for noob question, I'm completely new to switch, and it's a bit of a jungle.
Bought an unpatched switch and managed to boot hekate. Turns out I unknowingly upgraded to the new 13 firmware so atmosphere wont launch.
Is it possible to downgrade or is the whole fuse burning thing final? All help is much apreciated!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for noob question, I'm completely new to switch, and it's a bit of a jungle.
Bought an unpatched switch and managed to boot hekate. Turns out I unknowingly upgraded to the new 13 firmware so atmosphere wont launch.
Is it possible to downgrade or is the whole fuse burning thing final? All help is much apreciated!
It's possible to downgrade, but honestly, just wait a few days or so for Atmosphere to be updated to support 13.0.0. Downgrading without access to CFW is more trouble than it's worth in this situation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm patiently awaiting atmosphere on 13.0.0 before I update my exploitable switch. I've already updated my two other systems: the animal crossing one and the Mario 3d world one. the system isn't hacked, but if I should go to sell it, I want it to be hackable by the person buying it. I plan to buy ni no kuni 2 today from the eshop, but I'll only put it on the other two switches, for now. it's not available to buy yet, (probably won't be for another 4 hours or so), when it's 9:00 a.m. pst.

Reactions: HankLibre

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Reactions: HankLibre

meanSbean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to downgrade, but honestly, just wait a few days or so for Atmosphere to be updated to support 13.0.0. Downgrading without access to CFW is more trouble than it's worth in this situation.
What's the other way of downgrading without Atmosphere or without CFW in general?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
really you almost never need to downgrade, the only scenery I think is for using SXOs which do not have sense now.

but if you want, only use Daybreak, choidujournx hasn't be updated on a while so can cause troubles.

ensure you have the latest Atmosphére and the latest set of sigpatches.

You only should downgrade if you have a CFW working, if you have a patched/unmmoded console you will brick your console.

meanSbean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean its dumb but overall me and a friend wanted to see of we could do it and risk about 300. But we came to a conclusion to just buy an old version from people not knowing what they are selling.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday