Homebrew Downgrading from 10.3E. Partial Downgrade. Options?

drnkbeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to get those two CIAs from an O3DS 9.2 update pack.

I don't know the specifics, but GPIO handles input-output and DSP is for audio. I don't think the 3DS could even function without GPIO system module, and you would have no sound if you didn't have DSP system module (if the 3DS even booted without it.)

The amiibo one is fine, because that really didn't exist until 9.3; either delete it with FBI or leave it, as it won't cause problems.

Sorry about not replying until now. So I obtain the CIA files from the O3DS 9.2 firmware pack? These will work fine on the N3DS? How do I install them onto my N3DS? Any risk involved with bringing these system modules back to the correct versions?

Thanks all!

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry about not replying until now. So I obtain the CIA files from the O3DS 9.2 firmware pack? These will work fine on the N3DS? How do I install them onto my N3DS? Any risk involved with bringing these system modules back to the correct versions?

Thanks all!
Well I don't see the point in installing these 2 files(and I don't know if it is risk free).
Are you going to do a9lh? If yes just do the guide and you should be good. Even Plailect mentions no word about these 2 files. And I would suggest he knows that there is that problem with the downgrade.
If you have a9lh you can update to 10.7 and these 2 files don't matter anymore because they get replaced by a newer one anyways.
In addition I had no problem with my sound even after I had a partial and these 2 were not downgraded. Neither other problems.
I think you are worrying way to much here. Just continue the guide and if you run in further problems(which most likely won't occur) you can find a solution for it.

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,

drnkbeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't see the point in installing these 2 files(and I don't know if it is risk free).
Are you going to do a9lh? If yes just do the guide and you should be good. Even Plailect mentions no word about these 2 files. And I would suggest he knows that there is that problem with the downgrade.
If you have a9lh you can update to 10.7 and these 2 files don't matter anymore because they get replaced by a newer one anyways.
In addition I had no problem with my sound even after I had a partial and these 2 were not downgraded. Neither other problems.
I think you are worrying way to much here. Just continue the guide and if you run in further problems(which most likely won't occur) you can find a solution for it.

Just reading up about A9LH, seems rather complicated. I'm going to mull it over, I mean even if i buy and use Gateway i'll still be on the 9.2 firmware and will be eligible to perform A9LH at a later date if i'm feeling braver. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far